• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

He definitely struggles at times with people running in behind him. One on one he's pretty good.

I never ever want to watch him at LB or LWB again if I can help it.

I like Toti a lot but I would be very anxious at pairing him with Mosquera.

Then again, there’s probably no CB combination we could play that would make me feel totally comfortable.

In defence of Gaz and how easy we were to play through at times, he literally had no pre-season last year. So whatever ideas he, Derry, Jenkins etc have defensively...we had no chance to work on them, we were straight into it with a game at Old Trafford.

Perhaps he'll try something different now he has more time.

In defence of Gaz and how easy we were to play through at times, he literally had no pre-season last year. So whatever ideas he, Derry, Jenkins etc have defensively...we had no chance to work on them, we were straight into it with a game at Old Trafford.

Hope you’re right. I get that tactics can be very butterfly effect but I would have hoped that keeping one of our CMs closer to the defense would be something that could be worked out mid-season.

Guess I’ve got to remember that last season was a proper rookie season for Gary (and the lack if preseason on top of that, as you say).

I think this is the nub of Gaz tricky second album of a season. He will have players of his own choice (maybe) and a proper pre season. If we don't improve, especially defensively , he'll have no excuses, pressure is on!

“Like we’ve talked about with Rayan [Ait-Nouri] and Hugo [Bueno], I think they’ve really pushed each other on and I expect Pedro to aim to reach Nelson and Doc and the other full-backs we have."

I don't think he has to do much to "reach Doc". I'd back in his own words, "industrial RB" @Lycan to do that.

Back