• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

“Like we’ve talked about with Rayan [Ait-Nouri] and Hugo [Bueno], I think they’ve really pushed each other on and I expect Pedro to aim to reach Nelson and Doc and the other full-backs we have."

I don't think he has to do much to "reach Doc". I'd back in his own words, "industrial RB" @Lycan to do that.

If Pedro works really hard, gets pregnant and has surgery to replace his feet with some hooves, then he might be in a position to reach Doc

Didn't Masters supposedly have some kind of Stuart Pearce style thundercunt shot on him?

Masters had the ability I think. Just broken.

Ashley was unreal. £500k when that might buy you three good players. He wasn't even the best RB we signed from Birmingham in the same year.

Pretty sure I once saw Kevin Ashley score in a 0-2 win in Southend about twenty five years ago or more……

It was absolutely pissing it down and I left freezing but convinced we had a bargain in Ashley that day.

Wow. He was absolute crap from that day on.

Pretty sure I once saw Kevin Ashley score in a 0-2 win in Southend about twenty five years ago or more……

It was absolutely pissing it down and I left freezing but convinced we had a bargain in Ashley that day.

Wow. He was absolute crap from that day on.
Yep. Knocked bully out of the way in the last few minutes for the 2nd. What he was doing up there in the last knockings of the game when we were defending a lead god only knows.

Yep. Knocked bully out of the way in the last few minutes for the 2nd. What he was doing up there in the last knockings of the game when we were defending a lead god only knows.

Right, so it did happen - thought it might have been a bad dream.

I must have been a much more loyal fan in those days if that goal was right at the end then……the glory days of uncovered terracing meant that I nearly got hyperthermia.

These days I’d be gone by halftime.

Right, so it did happen - thought it might have been a bad dream.

I must have been a much more loyal fan in those days if that goal was right at the end then……the glory days of uncovered terracing meant that I nearly got hyperthermia.

These days I’d be gone by halftime.
Hyperthermia? - it was end of September early October time.

I'd completely forgotten we'd signed Rodrigo Gomes earlier in the window. So that takes our spending up to £46m already. Though Larsen's fee will be deferred until next summer I assume.

Tommy Doyle - £5m
Rodrigo Gomes - £12.5m
Strand Larsen - £25m
Pedro Lima - £8.5m

Two right backs in there too. Well wing-back/winger in Gomes' case. Makes you think that Semedo will likely be sold at the first reasonable bid given his age and wage.

Last edited:
I think Gomes has been bought as a forward rather than wing back, and with Lima only just turning 18 I’d say selling Semedo would be a bit premature.

Back