• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Well I’m very much intrigued. I don’t see the hate others have, and then other respected clubs/managers want to spend money on him, and our club don’t want to sell him. It doesn’t add up and not everyone can be right in this situation.

I knew Fabio Silva was a terrible transfer and I knew he was garbage after seeing him play. I knew Traore was never going to suddenly “click”. I don’t actually know the answer with Kilman
I actually think there are parallels between Adama and Max, insofar as they are both supremely gifted physically but don’t seem capable of the speed of thought required to properly take advantage of those gifts at the highest level.

A decent West Ham source says that they gave us a choice of either Cornet or Ings as part of the Kilman bid that we turned down.
Ings has many negatives but his wages are quite high.
Cornet would be great if he was the Burnley version but has been broken a lot. Can play in a number of positions.

If they offered £25m + a player then, with our valuation of Max they are saying £15-20m for Ings. Lolz.

I get where you are coming from. I always said with Coady the reason he'd never be a top centre half in a 2 is because he didn't really sense danger, he reacted to it, a defender's instinct if you will, so was half a second behind where he needed to be. Kilman is the same

I get where you are coming from. I always said with Coady the reason he'd never be a top centre half in a 2 is because he didn't really sense danger, he reacted to it, a defender's instinct if you will, so was half a second behind where he needed to be. Kilman is the same

Not sure about that, I agreed at the time when Coady was with us but hindsight has maybe allowed me to think differently.

We’ve never looked the same defensively without Coady really - if only for his leadership and organisation. I think I underrated him when he was here.

Alongside a quick, top notch centre half (which we’ve been without for years really - maybe Boly?) and a couple of decent defensive full backs, I’m not so sure he couldn’t have survived in a decent back four after all.

Not sure about that, I agreed at the time when Coady was with us but hindsight has maybe allowed me to think differently.

We’ve never looked the same defensively without Coady really - if only for his leadership and organisation. I think I underrated him when he was here.

Alongside a quick, top notch centre half (which we’ve been without for years really - maybe Boly?) and a couple of decent defensive full backs, I’m not so sure he couldn’t have survived in a decent back four after all.
His post Wolves career would suggest otherwise. Dropped by a relegation threatened Everton, backup in the Championship for Leicester

Who do they have who they might realistically offer and would be decent backup or better for us?

Appreciate I'm being lazy here but I only watch Wolves really so looking won't really help

Who do they have who they might realistically offer and would be decent backup or better for us?

Appreciate I'm being lazy here but I only watch Wolves really so looking won't really help
I actually wouldn't mind Antonio in the kind of role we seem to be offering to Che Adams, he's way better than him. But I'm not sure he's on offer.

George Earthy is a good young player coming through at West Ham. But as an AM (C) which we don't really play and they'd no doubt value him higher than we'd want to pay for a position we don't strictly use. Plus we have Tommy Doyle for that young CM role.

George Earthy is a good young player coming through at West Ham. But as an AM (C) which we don't really play and they'd no doubt value him higher than we'd want to pay for a position we don't strictly use. Plus we have Tommy Doyle for that young CM role.
Earthy played the Joe Hodge role in the Lop arriving at Hammers video of the young, professional midfielder turning up to impress the new boss especially as he was there training rather than on the piss in Ibiza (Earthy not Lop)

As much as I'd love that to happen if think he'd go back to Palace to replace Olise.

Unless GoN is going full on attack with a front 4:

R. Gomes - Cunha - Zaha
JSL​

In which case, that'll be fun.

As much as I'd love that to happen if think he'd go back to Palace to replace Olise.

Unless GoN is going full on attack with a front 4:

R. Gomes - Cunha - Zaha
JSL​

In which case, that'll be fun.
West Ham after him...Well the Xwitter world thinks they are

Back