• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Where's the £40m from? That would be €47m whereas elsewhere a price of €35m is stated as being enough for a deal to be done. You'd imagine that even that would be structured so that it isn't all required up front and be subject to meeting appearances + + + .

Adams coming in would be odd as he wouldn't be guaranteed starts.
I wouldn't say so.

In both his last two PL seasons with Southampton he started 23 games, he wasn't a nailed on first choice for them and wouldn't be this time either. We're likely to pay him more as a free agent than they will to just renew his deal, and objectively we should be better than Southampton next season (you'd hope anyway!). And from our point of view, we can't keep going through seasons with ultra-thin resources in a key position, it's not sustainable and even less so now in an era of five subs.

If he's happy to play that back up/sub/rotation role - and most of us aren't too fussed if that IS his role, we just don't want him being the #1 striker - then it makes sense.

Reactions: b3h
If 40M€ is correct that just shows how fucked the market is for good strikers at the moment. So many teams at a high level looking for a good forward.

If we're confident this is the guy we want and we can get it done then paying that kind of fee is a necessity if we want to get the deal done early. I've been impressed with us there as well, it seems we've finally started listening to the stream of managers and coaches that have been telling us every year how important it is to get transfers in before pre season. Especially with the quantity of ins & outs needed this summer. There was no way we could wait until mid August to get these deals done.

As for the player himself... I've never heard of him tbh. I must've seen him play before as I've definitely watched Celta games last season but I can't remember him standing out particularly. I do have faith in our current scouting department when they're not being forced into last minute panic buys like last season though.

I know it counts for nothing, but Transfermarkt have him rated at €25m, they bought him for €12m 2 years ago. If this is true and we are paying something in that region then it's transfer strategy shift number 5 or 6 from Shi
Deliberate feast and famine.

One could be forgiven for thinking that Jeff gets remunerated on the incoming and outgoings at wolves

Liverpool aren't going to chuck that kind of money at RAN when Robertson still has at least 2-3 years at his current level in him, barring a serious injury. Got far more pressing concerns.
They also have a very capable back up to Robertson in Tsimkas...

Need @Mel Evo to come back from his door knocking. He's the La Liga expert
Well, I’ve heard some exciting opinions on prisoner rehabilitation and foreign affairs this morning, so opening this thread while having a lunch break in my battle bus is definitely better news. I’m ashamed to say I don’t have much to add to Lycan’s take. Celta had some bad luck throughout last season and the Benitez thing or Aspas was all that ever really made the news. So, not really any word good or bad. Boro wanted this guy a couple of years ago I think??

Looks better on this video. More variety of types of goals anyway.
Some lovely finishes in there. Oh, to have a forward who actually arrives in the box in key areas and gets on the end of stuff... it's been too long!

Was impressed with some of his footwork and being a fairly big unit, it looks like he can hold the ball up well & get others involved. All this posted with the disclaimer that it's taken from watching a YouTube video. Looks promising though & if the fee is around the £25m mark (rather than the £40m mark as reported earlier today) then it could be an astute signing.

They also have a very capable back up to Robertson in Tsimkas...

Tsimikas is crap tbf other than occasionally half decent delivery. They do need a long term Robbo replacement but it would be weird for RAN to go somewhere not with the aim of him being first choice. Still think City fit him perfectly tbh but Pep would coach all the fun out of him.

Would be extremely disappointed if we lost RAN this summer. He's an integral part of our starting 11 and we can make up the funds required by selling other members of the squad.

Would be extremely disappointed if we lost RAN this summer. He's an integral part of our starting 11 and we can make up the funds required by selling other members of the squad.
I think we will lose him, Kilman and Neto.

GoN then reshapes the squad. A beastly back 4, midfield 3 and mobile front 3. It's what he played at Bournemouth.

Mosquera - Elvedi - Beelen - Toti
J.Gomes
Doyle - Lemina
R.Gomes - JBL - Cunha
Semedo out for the first 3 games and I wouldn't be surprised if he's sold.

I wonder if Lima will be cover at RB and RW.

Still leaves us a bit thin up top and we do need more cover than just Lima, Gonzales, Chirewa and Hwang.

Edit: Lemina in

Last edited:
Back