• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Maybe this is bias but I would have taken like £4 Million for Silva plus a whole heap of add ons, regardless of their likelihood.

I don't understand what interested teams are seeing. I get 21 is still relatively young for most top flight players, but he has shown less than Rafa Mir even had, at least he had a couple of okay looking spells here and there, in amongst the rest of it.
You follow the NFL, I think it's a bit like a first round pick who is a bust. There's always that second team who think they can unlock what they had in college, but redemption stories are rare. Once we paid THAT much for him, there's always going to be teams who think they can find the player Jeff thought he was getting.

Adama is a footballing comparison, the next manager is always the one who thinks he can make him look up or have off the ball awareness. That manager still hasn't appeared.

Interest from some good Italian clubs too. We're not going to compete with Villa if the interest is genuine unless he'd sooner be playing rather than be a bit part player.

He looks like a bit of a throwback, and thh I don't dislike it

Interest from some good Italian clubs too. We're not going to compete with Villa if the interest is genuine unless he'd sooner be playing rather than be a bit part player.
I'm not sure as he would be a starting striker here not a sub which is what he would be at Villa.

Of course if it comes down to wages we're not going to compete.

A lot of 'scruffy' goals and not many where you think he's hit it so well the keeper has no chance, but he does seem to take up decent positions around the box and looks like he has that vital striker's knack of being in the right place for the tap ins.

YouTube clips aren't going to show whether he can hold the ball up and bring others into play. That's as important as the finishing. He has a similar build to Sasa and we know that's not his game

YouTube clips aren't going to show whether he can hold the ball up and bring others into play. That's as important as the finishing. He has a similar build to Sasa and we know that's not his game
I don't have the highest opinion of stats use but this is Dismal

Depends who his agent is I guess.

Swap deal with Fabio?

Swapping is the new in thing, he wants to go to Spain....

No? I'll get back in my box

Back