• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

June not even over yet , 2 deals over the line ( Gomes and Lima ) ,and Romano telling us that a 3rd is on the way....nearly......

What's happening !!!

€40m?! He looked more like a £10m punt to me. Obviously I'd never heard of him until an hour ago and I've just looked at two videos and FBRef but that's some huge money.
be surprised if we pay that much. Hopefully it’s a lot less

I think exciting is a step too far, but as stated it would be positive to get a 3rd target on so quickly this time around. I get two of them seem longer term fringe first time Dev players, but already looking stronger than where we finished.

40m??

I mean, I guess Raul didn't have that impressive a career on paper before we bought him for a similar amount either, but that's a lot of money for a club which has been pleading poverty to spend on one player.

40m??

I mean, I guess Raul didn't have that impressive a career on paper before we bought him for a similar amount either, but that's a lot of money for a club which has been pleading poverty to spend on one player.
We got Raul on loan for a season first too. If he'd been shite then we could have just sent him back.

I know absolutely nothing about him, but can't complain about moving decisively and spending the money to address such a glaring issue with the squad.

6ft 4" and no ACL injuries. If he can hold the ball up and give Cunha et al someone to play off he could be decent.

40m seems very excessive though

6ft 4" and no ACL injuries. If he can hold the ball up and give Cunha et al someone to play off he could be decent.

40m seems very excessive though
I know it counts for nothing, but Transfermarkt have him rated at €25m, they bought him for €12m 2 years ago. If this is true and we are paying something in that region then it's transfer strategy shift number 5 or 6 from Shi

Bit of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario for the club. We want them to spend money but when they do everyone questions the value. Although in this instance, £40m is a lot of money on someone who isn't proven - but I guess we have to trust the club have heavily scouted and watched him for a good period of time.

Adams coming in would be odd as he wouldn't be guaranteed starts.

The good news is, we appear to be addressing a position where we definitely need someone.

Back