• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bookies are making money of all this.
Next time we're linked, bet on the player not moving

Pretty much everything with us tends to go under the radar. You might get wind of it 3-4 days before it's officially confirmed but nothing tends to leak until the deal is all but done.

Had Sporting done things properly and gone ahead with the deal that they agreed to - Patricio would have come out of absolutely nowhere. Neves is one of the very few in the last year or so where it's rumbled on for more than a week from story appearing to contract signed, even that wasn't really a saga.

Making up links is just what people do at this time of year and as much as I'm sure it's not what they aspired to do when they decided to be journalists, it's part of Nash/Spiers' job now to say yes or no as to whether they've heard anything. Of course they themselves don't have the world's greatest hit rate, even in just confirming or denying stuff.

If I remember correctly Neves was signed a few days before it was announced and delayed due to the Ikeme news. I guess it would have been your 4-5 day window had that not been the case.

Smalling would be awesome but I won't believe it until it happens.

I assumed he'd be starting alongside Bailly this season.

I don't think Bailly's partner is at OT at the moment. I still think they'll sign Toby A late on deadline day when they haven't got anyone else and cough up what Levy wants. That may be too late for us to sign Lindelof though who I think is a more realistic option than Smalling or Rojo.

Based on some of Mourinho's comments this summer you almost wonder if he wants to keep Bailly at all.

Surely we would want a loan to buy if there was any chance at those sort of figures!?

When the window opened and we started getting linked to players left, right & centre it was exciting. Now I can't wait for the bloody window to be closed so it can all be forgotten and we can get on with the playing. Rashford, Smalling, Danny Rose etc - it seems to be a different player every day. Chances are Wolves were not at any point in for any of those names suggested, but there's a section of our fanbase who blame the club and spout the "no ambition" line when the likes of Spiers and Nash say the reports are "wide of the mark". Mad.

Wonder who it will be today?

As for Guedes, he's been very harshly judged by a few on here based on his World Cup appearances (not like some of our fans to write off a player too soon... Jonny anyone?). He's a massive talent and if the opportunity is there to get him in to compete with Jota, Costa & Cav in the wide forward positions, then we should do it. But there are two things which suggest it's more BS. 1) how much PSG want as a transfer fee - we'd have to loan him. And 2) it seems quite obvious Nuno wants Traore and he is his top target for that role/position.

When the window opened and we started getting linked to players left, right & centre it was exciting. Now I can't wait for the bloody window to be closed so it can all be forgotten and we can get on with the playing. Rashford, Smalling, Danny Rose etc - it seems to be a different player every day. Chances are Wolves were not at any point in for any of those names suggested, but there's a section of our fanbase who blame the club and spout the "no ambition" line when the likes of Spiers and Nash say the reports are "wide of the mark". Mad.

Wonder who it will be today?

As for Guedes, he's been very harshly judged by a few on here based on his World Cup appearances (not like some of our fans to write off a player too soon... Jonny anyone?). He's a massive talent and if the opportunity is there to get him in to compete with Jota, Costa & Cav in the wide forward positions, then we should do it. But there are two things which suggest it's more BS. 1) how much PSG want as a transfer fee - we'd have to loan him. And 2) it seems quite obvious Nuno wants Traore and he is his top target for that role/position.

Well, tbh, Guedes would be a striker here. Competing with Jimenez and Bonatini, which makes ir even more unlikely. Forking up to 40M on a striker to compete with Jimenez who we signed on loan with a fee of 3M seems mad.

In sum, so I get on the same page, we would need another striker, right back and center back to close the team, is that it?

Well, tbh, Guedes would be a striker here. Competing with Jimenez and Bonatini, which makes ir even more unlikely. Forking up to 40M on a striker to compete with Jimenez who we signed on loan with a fee of 3M seems mad.

In sum, so I get on the same page, we would need another striker, right back and center back to close the team, is that it?

According to reports, we're still in the market for "a centre back, a striker and a right wing back".

According to reports, we're still in the market for "a centre back, a striker and a right wing back".

Thanks! Sometimes its hard to keep track as I don't know most of the players that we're linked to, and I have a tendency to phase out

Tim Spiers
‏Verified account @tim_spiers_Star
5m5 minutes ago
I gather that Wolves are yet to go back in with an improved offer for Adama Traore. Remains a possibility but they're weighing up their options and looking at other targets. Transfer window ends a week tomorrow

Tim Spiers
‏Verified account @tim_spiers_Star
5m5 minutes ago
I gather that Wolves are yet to go back in with an improved offer for Adama Traore. Remains a possibility but they're weighing up their options and looking at other targets. Transfer window ends a week tomorrow

"Wolves are going in for Traore, but they might not be"

I think its clear we don’t want to spend £18m on him. So we’ve tried to turn his head but it hasn’t worked. We’re now going to pursue other options and if they don’t come off expect a deadline day move for him.

No rumour, just a thought. If we are still looking for a RWB, would we have any chance of getting Victor Moses? He's not going to play much at Chelsea in a 433.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back