• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaya a big no - as an ageing player who will expect big wages really not the system we have been adopting

We will need to increase wages for new signings (& for those staying) cannot see that this would benefit us one iota

Yeah, why go for a player that has really declined in the last seasons and is not for the future plus massive wages i bet..was great a few seasons ago but not now..china for him i guess

Someone like West Ham or Everton will take him.

Aye, especially west ham..they have the massive stadium and all so they can take every hasbeens :)

For my money Balotelli at Liverpool was doomed from the start and he seems to have improved and matured at Nice. That said, he's far from a safe bet and I don't think I'd want him here.

Now we know the 3 teams to go down my revised list of players I'd take at the right price/medical/attitude:
Fabianski
Butland
Mawson
Evans
Dawson
Rodriguez

Fab, Evans, Mawson, Rondon, Cameron IMO. Part of me also thinks that the likes of Zouma, Bauer, Pieters, Shaqiri, N'Diaye (Badou, not Alfred), and Choupo-Moting could all do better away from Stoke, too. It's tough though when they've been absolutely hopeless for the better part of a season and a half.

J-Rod has been linked to MLS. Rumors about Geoff Cameron going back, too (unsurprisingly).

Speaking of, we're officially linked to Badou N'Diaye. Not sure how exactly he's got on at Stoke but he was ridiculous in both Tippeligaen and the Süper Lig.

According to the BBC gossip column this morning the Birmingham Mail says we are among the favourites to sign Wayne Rooney. I simply can't think of a suitable comment...

According to the BBC gossip column this morning the Birmingham Mail says we are among the favourites to sign Wayne Rooney. I simply can't think of a suitable comment...

American media says he's in talks with D.C. United.

No way Rooney will sign for us or any other English club. Our position means we will be linked with every Tom, Dick and Harry either because agents use us to get info out that a player is available or media simply make things up. Unless it comes from multiple credible sources and that doesn't mean the usual online sites just repeating each other then I think we need to ignore any 'link' this Summer.

Speaking of, we're officially linked to Badou N'Diaye. Not sure how exactly he's got on at Stoke but he was ridiculous in both Tippeligaen and the Süper Lig.

He's been rubbish.

Shaqiri is O Hara max.

When things are good he'll ping balls about and score great goals when they aren't he's a surly little prick. Wonderful talent but there's a reason he's ended up at Stoke.

Don't think I'd consider anyone beyond Butland, Allen, Evans and Mawson. Even then there's only really the latter that I'd be 100% convinced by, doubting the value, suitably and attitude of the other three respectively. Ki would probably have been of interest previously but I think his best days seem to be behind him now.

If your Nuno looking to upgrade the midfield position next to Neves which qualities in a player do you ask your scouts to prioritize as the ones most needed to balance Wolves system of play.

If your Nuno looking to upgrade the midfield position next to Neves which qualities in a player do you ask your scouts to prioritize as the ones most needed to balance Wolves system of play.
A more game savvy, less erratic version of N'Diaye would be perfect. Someone with strength, power and the ability to break into the box, but knows when it's appropriate and when it isn't, who can also track runners and doesn't switch off. They aren't ten a penny, but Keane, Robson, Ince in their pomp would be ideal.

Haidara for Salzburg is being linked with a move to Leipzig for around ten million. He’d be brilliant next to Neves. Really good all round footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back