• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard similar a couple of months ago from a Stoke fan at our Stoke service centre. Adam appears to be quickly shifting the blame before it lies at his door.

It is clear that Adam hasn't been a player giving all to pull the Stoke balls out of the fire. Therefore, to come out with that...

Their players are now transfer fodder as had been discussed earlier.

Bertrand will probably stay at Southampton as well, now they've won tonight.

Enjoyed that.

Hope it was true, got loads of Stoke mates who've been arrogant nobs for years and their hatred of arsenal and Ramsey is dispicable - idiotic $#@!s want to blame him because their player is a savage.

Totally agree with this. Stoke have spent the last few years breaking legs for fun, if it happened to Neves and then they sang about him walking with a limp. You'd want to kill every one of them.

I put Stoke in the same bracket as Bolton & Cardiff

Rui Patricio is nothing special. Better than Ruddy, probably, but you're not talking a serious top end keeper here. It's a fairly marginal upgrade.

Rui Patricio is nothing special. Better than Ruddy, probably, but you're not talking a serious top end keeper here. It's a fairly marginal upgrade.

All about opinions but marginal upgrade!? Really? Personally think he's a wee bit more than marginal but if we all agreed on every player it would be dull.

Well, I think Ruddy would/will be competent next season, Rui Patricio would also be competent. You're not looking at swapping the incumbent for someone who's in the same league as the top PL keepers, this is not like if we swapped Ryan Bennett for I dunno, Gabriel Mercado. Yeah, he's a Portuguese international, but so is Eder. He isn't a particularly special keeper, he's ok. If Portugal had got papped out of Euro 2016 in the group stages (as they would have done if it weren't a farce of a tournament with a structure that rewarded failure) then no-one would be lauding him.

What is the book that says the best transfer strategy is to upgrade the weakest area. Sounds obvious but talks about clubs chasing strikers when they gain from it would be statically smaller an improvement than upgrading the two actual weakest problems. Not explained that very well but it's either the numbers game or soccernomics I believe.

Agreed but that is the concept the author explains, not me saying we don't need a striker.

Hasn't Soccernomics been proved to be flawed due to poor use of data. Backing their own theories rather than data on players.

I think it's these theories that got Damien Comoli hired and quickly fired.

Linked with Yaya in the Mirror this morning. He did say that his next move would be a surprise on Sunday, he's also said he's staying in the Premier League. Burnley also linked, which would probably be a bigger surprise with the way they play. Personally I hope we don't mostly so I don't have to listen to the awful Yaya/Kolo chant next season.

No to Yaya from me. Always suspected he's 2 or 3 years older than the official version has it...

He looked about 60 when we played at the Etihad this season. No thanks. Brilliant player in his time, but so was Gary Lineker.

no thanks. #highmaintenance

besides he would want birthday cards and cake

great in his day but looked totally pedestrian when we went to the Etihad. I think that he lost that attacking (running through defenders) some time ago.
Would of been good with Neves (when neves was 14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back