• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were going down the British keeper route, I'd ask Burnley who their first choice was next year and buy the other as neither will want to in the bench next year. lmagine Jinky's excitement if we signed Nick Pope?

In that situation would you expect John Ruddy to stick around and ask to be given fair opportunity on a first team place or would you expect him to move on.

Personally I'd be happier to keep Ruddy/Norris for £0 outlay, then to spend £35 on Butland.

Given the opportunity, Norris could turn out to be a better keeper than Butland in the long run anyway.

Personally I'd be happier to keep Ruddy/Norris for £0 outlay, then to spend £35 on Butland.

Given the opportunity, Norris could turn out to be a better keeper than Butland in the long run anyway.

exactly my thoughts too

In that situation would you expect John Ruddy to stick around and ask to be given fair opportunity on a first team place or would you expect him to move on.

I'd hope he'd be happy with the bench whilst Norris gets to go out on loan

I can't find anything that says that but I'll take your word for it.
Usually plays as a second striker in a 4-3-2-1 but when they switch to a 4-3-3 he moves onto the right.

I would be happy to take Butland for £35m, that’s just market value now for a player like him. I think Norris could learn a lot from him too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Norris is sent out on loan next season.

He is unlikely to be No1 at the start of the season and another year sat on the bench, apart from Cup games, is not going to be good for him. So a window to window loan might be in the offing for him.

£35m isn't "market value" now for a GK.

Man City spent that on Ederson and that was a record fee!

How much did Everton pay for Pickford? That is the market value for an England keeper who plays for a shit club team

Around £25m.

£20m is the absolute tops I'd be paying for Butland. I don't think he's worth any more.

As long as it is in an area where you are lacking in English players. Goalkeeper, we aren't particularly.

Exactly. We don't "need" to spend that amount on a GK currently. Certainly not compared to centre-back or up front.

Talisca being linked again today :icon_lol:

Latest on from SSN. No idea who he is or which position he plays.

attachment.php

Latest on from SSN. No idea who he is or which position he plays.

attachment.php
Old school left sided winger. Hugs the touchline, links up well with Grimaldo, top ball carrier and puts a good cross in.

My fairly restricted knowledge of Portuguese football suggests he's an up and coming youngster who can play anywhere across the forward line. Fairly short guy though but I didn't think he was an out and out winger, more a Costa\Jota type. Still don't see a need for him unless we're selling Costs or Cav.

Cervi's definitely like Jota. I'd take Grimaldo in a heartbeat mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back