• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also apparently now favourites to sign Bertrand. He'd be a pretty good signing to be fair but can imagine quite a few teams will be interested. He'd be a good replacement for Baines at Everton.

Completely impossible to say on that kind of deal, if Saints don't go down then he'd be very unlikely to leave.

Also apparently now favourites to sign Bertrand. He'd be a pretty good signing to be fair but can imagine quite a few teams will be interested. He'd be a good replacement for Baines at Everton.

I think we are in a different position to last time - I don’t think Everton is going to be any more of an attractive proposition for players any more.

Bertrand will almost certainly be looking to get out at the end of this season. Southampton (if they survive) will need to invest heavily this summer to have a chance of staying up again next season - and when I say invest, I mean in proper premier league quality instead of some of the muck they’ve compiled over the last few windows. Any team that regularly starts with Shane Long up top is simply not going to score the number of goals required to stay up.

I’d take Bertrand. Him & Douglas would be two superb options for a club in our position. I suspect one of the top 4-6 clubs will be after him, though. He could walk in to Arsenal’s starting 11 today if he wanted to, for example.

When they say Bertrand is favourite what they mean is he's 7/1 so are just making it up really. Anyway we can't sign him if Saints go down as I keep being told anyone who gets relegated is shit and we will be setting out sights higher

Lambert who won't be there at the end of the month says £35m will buy one of Butland's gloves

Lambert who won't be there at the end of the month says £35m will buy one of Butland's gloves

He was smiling whilst saying it to be fair.

Stoke owner has said Lambert will be in charge, regardless of Division. Obviously words in football generally mean nothing but Stoke fans will be delighted

If he takes them down,he can fill their squad with championship experienced lumpers and hoofers, because we all know that's the only way to get promoted,you can't do it with foreigners and football players

Would Liverpool let Clyne go? Seems to be third choice now behind TAA and Gomez.

He's only just really come back from a pretty bad injury and I can see Gomez moving over to the middle next season with Klavan fucking off.

My Stoke supporting boss said he’d drive Butland to Wolverhampton for £35m. Said he’s had a really poor season, let a lot of shots go in which he should have saved, had a poor command of his box, doesn’t come for crosses etc. He said Butland just hasn’t turned in to the player they thought he would be.

He sounded more pissed off that we might be after Allen.

Yet he's made more saves than any other keeper in the league.

My Stoke supporting boss said he’d drive Butland to Wolverhampton for £35m. Said he’s had a really poor season, let a lot of shots go in which he should have saved, had a poor command of his box, doesn’t come for crosses etc. He said Butland just hasn’t turned in to the player they thought he would be.

Allen seems to really divide opinion. Reading the oatcake suggests he's a bit of a nothing midfielder but some fans really rate him.

What is he expecting, get relegated and keep all the best players?

Doesn't happen, does it.

Allen is a decent continuity player. We have Neves who does that role and so, so much more.

I’ll take stats over a pissed off Clayhead.

His save percentage his probably the more useful stat. He's faced 192 shots on goal and made 132 saves, for a 68.8% rate.

That's tied 5th best in the Prem, behind De Gea (79.7%), Pope (78.1%), Fabianksi (70.5%), Lloris (68.9%), and tied with Matt Ryan (68.8%). Not too shabby.

Before looking at the stats I'd probably have called you nuts if you told me that Matt Ryan and Jack Butland were virtually tied with Hugo Lloris on that stat.

Depends on how patient we are willing to be and how many other sides take a look at him. When you go down it's very hard to keep those players, I would take both for 30m and we already have a stronger squad.

Lloris is a goalline keeper, makes a living with his great reaction skills..not much more, bad with his feet and always in for a howler..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back