• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not worth £35m IMO. You could get a top class young keeper for that from on the continent.

I’d be looking at Simone Scuffet over Butland if you’re in that sort of price range.

What's wrong with that?
Don't think he's ever played wide and from what I know he doesn't have the pace or workrate for the position.

Think you have to wait until their contract is up. Foreign clubs can approach players from january, and I assume we could do the same with anyone playing abroad?

Butland yes for me would like to see some English players come in.
As Del said we need home grown players, unfortunately players are worth what clubs are willing to spend, English players are always worth a premium. I like all 4 English Keepers i include Heaton, given Pope is doing so well, would it be worth a cheeky bid for Heaton, may be cheaper than Butland.

Butland yes for me would like to see some English players come in.
As Del said we need home grown players, unfortunately players are worth what clubs are willing to spend, English players are always worth a premium. I like all 4 English Keepers i include Heaton, given Pope is doing so well, would it be worth a cheeky bid for Heaton, may be cheaper than Butland.

Not really, Man City have 4.

Butland is a very good keeper but will be looking at an established premier team . I wouldnt pay 35m for him in any case. I think he would be an upgrade on Ruddy but not much of one, certainly not 35m one! Of the positions on the pitch GK is not an area I am overly concerned with TBF. We are surely unlikely to change more than 3 or 4 players in the starting 11 and striker, wing backs , Neves support in midfield seem higher priorities to me.

Don't think he's ever played wide and from what I know he doesn't have the pace or workrate for the position.
He plays there all the time for Besiktas.

No thanks to Butland I would sooner sign Joe Hart for the bench to enable a seasons loan in the Championship for Will Norris. John Ruddy will be fine until Norris adds experience and maturity.

I'd be very happy with that, thought he looked really good against Utd on Sunday. Very quick too.

Unless we are planning on spending an absolute fortune summer it's a no thanks from me too at that price, which probably isn't too far off the mark for a 25 yo England goalie. At the very least we need a defender, a cm, one or two wingbacks and a quality striker, in addition to those of the loanees we are signing permqnently... will be an exciting summer fot sure!

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/latest-arsenal-transfer-news-nelson-14596394

You can add another winger to the team... we are going to have a very big squad. :D

Nelson very talented player mind.

I think this is an agent pushing his client out as he doesn't know if the new boss is going to play him, much like the Wilshere links. We don't need to be developing somebody else's talent as there is no point in blocking MGW any further and he's 4th with Jota, Cav and Costa in front of him, all of whom (including MGW) are PL ready.

I think the agent is working hard for Butland too and agree with ND, why block Norris who looks a real find?

If we were going down the British keeper route, I'd ask Burnley who their first choice was next year and buy the other as neither will want to in the bench next year. lmagine Jinky's excitement if we signed Nick Pope?

We already have two British keepers though...

I don't think we need a direct keeper upgrade, what we could do with is someone with keeper/sweeper ability like Ederson. Those are like gold dust.

We already have two British keepers though...

I don't think we need a direct keeper upgrade, what we could do with is someone with keeper/sweeper ability like Ederson. Those are like gold dust.

Don't think that's really needed is it? From what I've seen Wolves don't often play with the defensive line so high as to require a keeper willing to do that job, other than a few misjudgements from Coady early in the season I can remember very few times where the ball over the top or in behind has caused many problems.

Don't think that's really needed is it? From what I've seen Wolves don't often play with the defensive line so high as to require a keeper willing to do that job, other than a few misjudgements from Coady early in the season I can remember very few times where the ball over the top or in behind has caused many problems.

I mean from a passing & control point of view. Fairly often we will ping the ball back to the keeper, occasionally under pressure. Ruddy doesn't really have the footballing ability to deal with this very well. If we had a keeper with the ability to control and quickly move the ball on to Coady, boly etc then it would be very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back