• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talisca reported to be joining Roma in the summer

I'm interested to know why people think Joe Allen wouldn't work for us in midfield?

He's always struck me as a busy, tenacious player willing to put a foot in but also tactically aware of where he needs to be along with a good range of passing and an eye for the occasional goal.

He's a bit small and so wouldn't be as good in the air as Saiss or n'diaye but I don't really recall him being outmuscled too much?

He's not as good defensively as Saiss and he offers virtually nothing going forward. He had a freak Seyi-style run of goals at the start of last season but beyond that he's worthless in an attacking sense. He's been playing since 2006/7, in all bar two seasons he's scored 0, 1 or 2 league goals.

He's not as good defensively as Saiss and he offers virtually nothing going forward. He had a freak Seyi-style run of goals at the start of last season but beyond that he's worthless in an attacking sense. He's been playing since 2006/7, in all bar two seasons he's scored 0, 1 or 2 league goals.

He's very much a continuity player and I think he's pretty decent defensively but I think we'll be shopping in a different store to them. If Saints go down then I'd take Lemina instead of Allen and probably Bertrand, Hojbjerg, McQueen and Cedric too.

Dawson linked in The Mirror today. I know I'll be in the minority, but I'd take him for right hand centre half. I doubt they'd sell to us and he seems very much a Burnley signing though.

The left sided Spanish centre back who Nuno preferred over Boly at Porto Iván Marcano is out of contract this summer and is being linked to clubs outside Portugal. Marcano did on occasion play alongside Boly and Captained Nunos side a few times.

I see there's a twitter storm today after someone reckons they've seen Neves in Liverpool. Therefore he's come to sign for them, obviously!

Hes at John Lennon airport, his family were flying back to Portugal. Not sure why they didn't fly from Brum but hey ho.

You can fly direct to Porto from liverpool, but not Birmingham.

Knew my pointless knowledge of European flight routes would come in handy one day :)

Note to self: do not engage with Liverpool fans on Twitter.

They're the only reason I still want Liverpool to fluff it. Salah and Klopp love is not enough

Don't think it's entirely impossible Neves would go to Liverpool, he would be perfect for them.

Though signing Keita and Ox earlier this season makes it a bit of a stretch - Neves would likely be on the bench and not sure he would want that.

Their owners simply don't stretch to that kind of outlay on two players in the same position, not when they badly need at very least a keeper and a centre half, AND they still want to develop the ground further.

I thought he was their best player when they were at molineux. Be a very good signing on a free.

Fredericks has been linked with just about every single Prem club in the last week.

Watford have a few players I wouldn't mind snagging...

Read that wrongly at first glance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back