• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends if you're happy with bottom half and flirting with relegation. I'm not. We should be and likely will be aiming for better.

Joe Allen is another who simply wouldn't work in a pair with Neves or Saiss.

I'm also not convinced he's any better than N'Diaye.

Allen is miles better than Alf and would be a good replacement for him. The 20 million being mentioned might put is off especially when you see who we have signed for less.

I suspect it's just another random link but I do think we need both types of players so a Saiss type upgrade and the same for Alf would be great.

I see Allen as more comparable to Neves than Saiss or N'Diaye. I don't think the two together will work unless we are changing our formation to a 433 or 532.

Lol. Allen is nothing like Neves.

He's a Waitrose Jack Price.

Shedload of Premiership games, adopts hens, fluent Welsh speaker, works for a charity. What's not to like, apart from the £20m fee?

Lol. Allen is nothing like Neves.

He's a Waitrose Jack Price.

Price was the player who was earmarked to replace Neves if injured as positionally he was the most comparable. That does not mean he is on the same level and neither is Allen. Thanks for inadvertently making my point for me.

Dawson linked in The Mirror today. I know I'll be in the minority, but I'd take him for right hand centre half. I doubt they'd sell to us and he seems very much a Burnley signing though.

He's a thug. Horrible filthy bastard.

According to The Sun Bournemouth are in for Keiran Tierney. We should definitely be looking at him if that's the case, he'd be perfect in our system.

Agreed, I'd be amazed if he ended up at Bournemouth though, more likely his agent highlighting he could be available.

According to The Sun Bournemouth are in for Keiran Tierney. We should definitely be looking at him if that's the case, he'd be perfect in our system.

That would be a great signing but I'd have thought if Celtic were going to sell him it would be to a current top six side.

Price was the player who was earmarked to replace Neves if injured as positionally he was the most comparable. That does not mean he is on the same level and neither is Allen. Thanks for inadvertently making my point for me.
Price is nothing like Neves either.

No idea how you can really arrive at that conclusion. They have basically identical records.

I mainly came to that conclusion from using my own eyes to watch them both play.

In fairness, and to give credit where it's due, Hernandez's goal to game ratio is a lot better than I thought, and at a mixture of levels.

Whenever I have seen him play in person, he's always been a bit awkward to watch. He looks a little bit cumbersome and his touch has always seemed a little heavy. I do recall one game against us where he ran us ragged, but have seen him numerous times since and he's never impressed.

Given the choice of Afobe for £10m or Hernandez for £5-6m, it'd be a closer call than I originally thought - though Hernandez coming back from a long term injury puts me off. Afobe knows the club, the staff, the fans etc & is clearly a popular figure.

He is. Jinky will now come up with an explanation of how he knew that and that free = £6m.

Had absolutely no idea he is/was free.

Bit of a gamble, due to the injury. But given we'd easily be able to afford his wages, perhaps it's a no-brainer to offer him a contract?

Would love him at Wolves, he is absolutely class. Every time I have watched Celtic he has been the standout player. Keep trying to sign him on FIFA but he wont move....

I think wages are our biggest issue - i'd rather we spank a large transfer fee on a cheaper players from a wages point of view.

I'm interested to know why people think Joe Allen wouldn't work for us in midfield?

He's always struck me as a busy, tenacious player willing to put a foot in but also tactically aware of where he needs to be along with a good range of passing and an eye for the occasional goal.

He's a bit small and so wouldn't be as good in the air as Saiss or n'diaye but I don't really recall him being outmuscled too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back