• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on?

He was a nutcase at Newcastle. There is a reason he was subbed at half time when he played against us when Newcastle beat us at Molineux. even though he had scored he was a walking red card and should have been sent off before he scored.

Rafa just couldn't trust him. When his head was right, he was a threat but he went mental more times than the club could cope with.

Elbowed a Millwall player too the other day I think? He's only young though and is clearly a good forward.

He was always a hothead at Anderlecht as well IIRC.

Think his ability could be questioned until January as well. Decent European pedigree but nothing special with Newcastle. Although I’m not sure Rafa was getting the most out of him like Jokanovic is. He’d be good in our system.

Newcastle are pretty low on quality at the moment and don't have much money to fix it. So Rafa wants a striker who does what Doyle did for us - be the first line of defence, chase everything, be an outlet right across the width of the pitch, if he scores goals along the way then great. That is not Mitro's game at all.

With regard to the wage bill point, I don't think I have elucidated this correctly yet, but the ability to jump up to that big maximum budget is supposed to help newly promoted clubs with low wage bills to compete without being utter cannon fodder. However, when a team comes up with a team that is already pretty fucking stonking and then has all that lovely wage space to bring in several key upgrades in the first season, special things can happen.

Plus the season ticket hike means we have an extra two million on top of the maximum wage budget already as that is increased commercial (non-TV) income. And that is before we no doubt spend the far east trip securing sponsorship and selling a fuckload of Neves shirts.

I wouldn’t want mitrovic, he’s an idiot - there’s a reason Newcastle we’re desperate to ship him out in January. He’s looked good for Fulham, but three months of excellent form in the championship doesn’t persuade me he’s a £20 million striker

I wouldn’t want mitrovic, he’s an idiot - there’s a reason Newcastle we’re desperate to ship him out in January. He’s looked good for Fulham, but three months of excellent form in the championship doesn’t persuade me he’s a £20 million striker

No, he's not for me either. Decent player but I don't think he's right for us. Just providing an explanation as to why he hasn't played much for Newcastle.

I think we'll be aiming higher than Mitrovic, especially at £20m.

Fulham friend of mine reckons the reason he is playing well for them is because his manager is a Serb and as a fellow countrymen he's found a way to connect with him. If they go up I'd expect him to go there

Dost is slower than Leo. He has a fair bit going for him but we need a different kind of player.

I saw recently that he was averaging about 18 passes per 90 and 25 touches per 90 which is ridiculously low for a centre forward playing for a team that will expect to dominate possession in 14 out of every 17 league matches. He's genuinely one of the best pure finishers in World football right now but he doesn't do a whole lot else.

I didn't realise Bas Dost was still going, he had a ridiculous season at Wolfsburg with de Bruyne, some games it seemed like as soon as the ball went in the opponents half it was a matter of time before KdB put one on a plate for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back