• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is only banned if someone finds out about it. It's banned in Portugal aswell and I'm pretty sure by FIFA in every other country.

About Ruben Neves, we still have to wait and see where he will play next season right? Also I am not related (thank God) to Mendes in any way. When I predict some of his moves it's based on my experience only considering his past.

Even my opinions on players attributes are just that..my own. And my opinions on Jota, Neves, Roderick etc were not far from what they did this season.

It is only banned if someone finds out about it. It's banned in Portugal aswell and I'm pretty sure by FIFA in every other country.

About Ruben Neves, we still have to wait and see where he will play next season right? Also I am not related (thank God) to Mendes in any way. When I predict some of his moves it's based on my experience only considering his past.

Even my opinions on players attributes are just that..my own. And my opinions on Jota, Neves, Roderick etc were not far from what they did this season.

Well I for one like reading your posts, SLB. They are only your opinions, based on your knowledge of Portuguese football (which, let's face it, is better than ours!) and whether or not your predictions turn out to be true or not, they are still an interesting read for me, coming from a different perspective.

Don't think we should be signing the likes of Pelé. He should not be at the level Wolves needs at the moment, especially for a fee of 10M.

You have taken what I said too personally.

Don't think we should be signing the likes of Pelé. He should not be at the level Wolves needs at the moment, especially for a fee of 10M.

I don't really know much about the guy, but having looked at his record so far, it would seem he's not exactly going to set the Premier League alight if we sign him. Especially, as you say, for the fee quoted.

This kind of comment isn't going to endear yourself to Wolves fans and I for one don't want to hear the same old stuff about Mendes all summer so can I politely ask you not to do this constantly.

Note to mods - I know I can ignore this poster but it doesn't stop others quoting this person.

This kind of comment isn't going to endear yourself to Wolves fans and I for one don't want to hear the same old stuff about Mendes all summer so can I politely ask you not to do this constantly.

Note to mods - I know I can ignore this poster but it doesn't stop others quoting this person.

I'm kinda in this frame of mind too...We spent all last summer being told we were the new Mendes "dumpster", that Neves would never sign, that Neves couldn't have signed because of the Portuguese stock market and on, and on Ad infinitum.

No problem with SLB posting, in fact I welcome it but can the comments be with regard to the players linked and whether they are good, bad or indifferent and not because Agent "X" represents them. Thanks awfully

Yeah, sorry to side with Johnny & Darlo, but I can't be arsed to read another summer full of "Mendes this, Mendes that". We all know the link exists - comments and insightful information on players that our Portuguese contingent are more familiar with than ourselves is most welome. The constant "Mendes dumpster" comments are not required, thanks.

It's hard to talk about transfer regarding Wolves and not to mention Mendes. And this is not criticism. I'll do my best.

Also this all EFL investigation that now ended was because of my posts here that's for sure...

It's hard to talk about transfer regarding Wolves and not to mention Mendes. And this is not criticism. I'll do my best.

Also this all EFL investigation was because of my posts here that's for sure...
Easy to do it and mention him without dropping in terms of dumping players or the Mendes currency.
In 3 transfer windows I don't think we have overpaid for any player on his books and there has only been Ola John that can be classed as being "dumped"

Last thing I'll post here about Mendes: for the sake of our clubs I hope me and the majority of Benfica fans are the ones wrong.

Agreed, though all the signs so far are excellent as I’m sure you’d agree.

Now - wasn’t the pele signing supposed to be only half a million before he broke his foot - has he been that impressive since that it can be in any way justified to have a much increased price tag?

Was any fee ever published on him?

He was originally linked with joining us at the same time as Costa and Silvio but can't recall any fee being mentioned.

Now - wasn’t the pele signing supposed to be only half a million before he broke his foot - has he been that impressive since that it can be in any way justified to have a much increased price tag?
I though the fee bandied around at that time was 5m.

He had a decent season and was linked to Porto and a Benfica return. That's enough for a player price tag to go up like this. Specially when you can get a bid war between those 2.

A quick look around I can't see a fee for us but Benfica "gave" him away to cover the costs for buying Rio Aves % ownership of Ederson. The 50% buy back fee is set at what the value of his transfer was. So that is obviously €6m

Whether we were offering that or not I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back