• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or that people are just regurgitating the same BS stories.

Veto on Mangala, he's a disaster zone. He's also crocked.

Talisca-lite.

Talisca is an attacking mid/striker
Mangala is a CB (roasted a couple of times by Bright if I remember)

Doesn't Mangala have a serious knee injury and has been out for weeks because of it.

Talisca is an attacking mid/striker
Mangala is a CB (roasted a couple of times by Bright if I remember)

Doesn't Mangala have a serious knee injury and has been out for weeks because of it.

It was more the regurgitation of old stories and 'it must be true the interweb says so' I was getting at. You got the wrong end of that particular branch.

The Sun is saying we are looking at Mangala from Man City. I hope not - his career so-far in the prem has been riddled with errors.

Rumours in Portugal are saying that Pelé (CDM) is going to Wolves for 10M€

https://www.abola.pt/Nnh/Noticias/Ver/727212

If that´s true that´s way too much money for what he´s worth, he´s a good player but I call bs on the 10M€.

And he's not even a Mendes client. I can't see us paying 5x what he's worth, but A Bola seem to think it's almost a done deal. Are they usually reliable? On the face of it, he doesn't look like much of an upgrade on Saiss.

Current market value on Transfermarkt is £1.8M.

I´d go for him at 4M€.
6M€, at most if I wanted him to be a regular first 11 player, which I don´t think he will.
Talking about 10M€ for a 26 year old, even with the market this days is crazy, Rúben Neves was sold for 18M€...

And he's not even a Mendes client. I can't see us paying 5x what he's worth, but A Bola seem to think it's almost a done deal. Are they usually reliable? On the face of it, he doesn't look like much of an upgrade on Saiss.

He´s not a Mendes client but Benfica owns 50% of his pass and Mendes is often linked with Benfica deals.
A Bola is usually reliable with deals related to Benfica, just yesterday in the news there were talks about him returning to Benfica but now with this bid it seems that´s off the table.

We might have gone back in for Pele because we’ve decided not to take up the option of buying N’Diaye?

I wouldn’t mind Mangala (and isn’t he available for free this summer or did I just make that up?) as I feel he’s a player who could improve under Nuno. He’s got mistakes in him but there’s enough talent there too. Certainly an improvement on Batth, but those wages are STEEP. Also can’t decide if he’s an upgrade on Ryan Bennett - never thought I’d be saying that when we signed Bennett last summer :icon_lol:

I don't see the redeeming features in Mangala. He's got a horrible ricket in him all the time, he isn't especially quick, he's not very good on the ball and he isn't dominant in the air. He's a poor man's Mama Sakho and I can't stand him either.

I'm never too keen on signing injured players. Williamson, German Phil ... it hasn't exactly worked out well for us in the past, has it. See also Dicko, N. and Zyro, M.

Edit: Oh, and Boukari, R.

Phil wasn't injured when we signed him. He had missed the end of the season but was fit when he came to us. He then did his ankle right at the very start of pre-season.

To be fair, off that list:

Williamson - was almost fit from his injury. Then got another one
German Phil - the same
Dicko - not injured (either on loan or when we signed him permanently, his main injury came over 18 months after we bought him)
Zyro - not injured (got injured vs Cardiff in his second game, and later on Antony Kay destroyed him with a challenge that would have broken Iron Man)
Boukari - not injured (got injured vs Sheff Wed)

We signed Hunt when he was injured didn't we?

We did, we could have done with him staying that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back