• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chinese league seems his likely destination

Cannot say I blame him, though i guess he hardly needa the money.

He has been one of the worlds best players for a long time, an integral part of Spain and Barca, though i do get bored sometimes watching them

China is a huge waste of Iniesta's ability, he's still clearly got lots to offer rather than pottering around in their tinpot league.

Xavi's two years in Qatar have done a huge amount to put that league on the map...

Money talks I guess (we've got loads but not enough I expect)

Don't think "putting it on the map" is what the Qatari league had in mind when they signed Xavi, anyway...

The dream:

---------------Butland-----------------

----New-------Coady---------Boly----

New------A.Gomes/W.Carvalho----Neves---------Telles

Guedes--------Silva------------Jota

Bench - Ruddy, Doherty, Bennett, Saiss, Costa, Cavalerio, Afobe

Likely to be in for Talisca again too, of course.

I am out on Butland and think we've been over that in here? I think he has the lower prem English keeper traits where he is worked frequently and so looks good due to volume of work and people never really blaming him for the errors due to Stokes overall poor performance. However he isn't a clinical keeper and due to the fee he would cost I'd be against him.

If we were spending that sort of money I'd rather we looked at someone like Alban LaFont. Showed real ability any of the fleeting games I've caught on BT and is a really highly valued young starting keeper but who the top teams are wary of making a move on as still have some reservations on him being genuine top level. Where as we won't need to worry about there sort of thinking of him being an upgrade on an already top keeper those clubs have in place.

If we were after a keeper (I'm not sure we will be, bar a low key third choice) then I'd look at gazumping Newcastle for Dubravka. He's only there on loan, he's been superb and Ashley will doubtless piss around over the terms.

I'm not on Jinky's Norris bandwagon, but if Ruddy is our first choice next year he'll be in the bottom half dozen regular starters in the PL. It wouldn't be a priority for me but if an improvement is out there we should take it.

I want us to upgrade wherever we can, as quickly as we can. But we do have limits, even given our wealth.

I don't know the player, but it strikes me that we've already done a signing like that with Mir and we don't need another one. Whoever our main centre forward signing will be, I think he'll be proven rather than potential.

The Scum are saying we want Mangala on a free and have offered him £85k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back