• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't get a game for Telford based on the last few years. Totally finished.

The Rodwell of about 7 years ago would be a yes, but the guy is done. Such a waste of talent/career

Definitely no to Rodwell. Also think that Saiss is being cast aside by far too many fans who simply think he will be replaced. If we can upgrade fantastic but i think its going to take a lot to replace his energy, his support of Neves, his character and various other things like his height at set pieces etc.

Definitely no to Rodwell. Also think that Saiss is being cast aside by far too many fans who simply think he will be replaced. If we can upgrade fantastic but i think its going to take a lot to replace his energy, his support of Neves, his character and various other things like his height at set pieces etc.

Yep, the one big thing that worries me about next year is defending set pieces. Even Noblot could you scored a couple yesterday from free-kicks. Really need to tighten up on that, but assume Nuno has it on his list...

Bolton weren’t really a threat from set pieces. Danny kept trying his best to give them free kicks in dangerous areas but they were all over hit beyond the back post. Not sure how you can defend that any better unless you are 9ft at the back post.

What happened to Rodwell? He was the next big thing at one point. Was it injuries?

What happened to Rodwell? He was the next big thing at one point. Was it injuries?

Went to man city, didn t play - moves to Sunderland just as they started to fall apart and then never really recovered so he will look back at his career sadly given how much of a waste it was.

If I remember rightly there are/were 2 stats for him that were amazing:
1. He hasn't won a football match for 2 years (Not sure if this stands as I think this was when Sunderland went down to the championship)
2. In the season wolves won L1, the wolves fans went on the pitch more times than he did (3 to his 2)

Had presumed he was injured. He is the opposite side of tbe arguement to a player like Deli Alli or Sessingnon. Had just started to become a regular at Everton and took the move. As a result he stagnated. Alli at 22 already overtaken him in appearances. And not saying its strictly positive but Sess has played nearly half Rodwells apps already.

Listening to the E&S Wolves podcast (I know, but I'm already suffering withdrawal symptoms) and someone suggested Shane Long if Saints were relegated. Not a bad shout, imo, and would fit in the Bonatini role pretty well, but with slightly more pace.

Can't see Shane Long working at all, he'd be worse than Afobe in general play and his goal output in the last few years is pathetic, can't see any benefit from him at all.

That's a big NO to Shane Long from myself, too. Sure, he runs around a lot, but he can't hit a barn door. I would rather have Afobe.

If Tim has suggested Shane Long after being at pretty much every game we have played this season then he has no appreciation of what he is watching

Shane Long is the absolute opposite of what we want in a front man. He's woeful.

So who do we think we are likely to get rid of this summer? Can only really think of Graham, Miranda and Batth along with not making permanent deals for Vinagre, Bonatini and N’Diaye. I would guess loan deals for Bright and Ronan.

Shane Long, Lolz.

Tim and Nathan proving they know the square root of fuck all about football again.

So who do we think we are likely to get rid of this summer? Can only really think of Graham, Miranda and Batth along with not making permanent deals for Vinagre, Bonatini and N’Diaye. I would guess loan deals for Bright and Ronan.

Think you're about right there. I would say we're adding to the first XI which means those in the squad but not really playing will be off, the exception being MGW.

I would definately like to see Vinagre signed up, he is only 19 so probably wouldnt be a regular yet but he has some serious potential. Still remember how he skinned Kyle Walker. He may go out on loan and rip up league one.

How anyone could watch Shane Long make a Horlicks of that chance vs Chelsea yesterday (and this is not an uncommon event with him) and think "yep, he's the man to lead the line for us in the Premier League" is beyond me.

He's 31 and has 5 goals in his last 59 league appearances.

"You know that Kevin Doyle of 2013/14?"

"The Irish international striker who lost all goalscoring instinct whatsoever and became involved in a weekly bout of competitive corner flag chasing?"

"Yes"

"I am aware of his work"

"That's you, that is"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back