• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves have beaten every team in the league this season. Except Sunderland. Who are bottom. That's ironic or will be if we don't win there on the last day

Wolves have beaten every team in the league this season. Except Sunderland. Who are bottom. That's ironic or will be if we don't win there on the last day
Will it be wryly amusing though?

I don't think that's irony.

I think ironic would be a player leaving wolves for Sunderland because he wanted to get promoted. It would even more ironic if he then scored an own goal which ultimately sealed wolves promotion.

But I got a D in English GCSE 20 years ago so what the fuck do I know

I don't think that's irony.

I think ironic would be a player leaving wolves for Sunderland because he wanted to get promoted. It would even more ironic if he then scored an own goal which ultimately sealed wolves promotion.

But I got a D in English GCSE 20 years ago so what the $#@! do I know

One definition of irony is as follows

A state of affairs or event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and can be amusing as a result.

But not to wolves fans

Table topping Wolves, having beaten every other club in the Championship failing to beat Sunderland would be a paradox wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back