• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Coady's lack of pace will be his undoing a the very top level but he'll be fine for us this season. His captaincy and organisation are exceptional.

I think Saiss will be his back up too.

Do we? He won't even be on the bench next season and is behind Bennet, Saiss and Hause afaict.
I think everyone now knows the Saiss experiment is at an end at least on the right, so in a 3 man defence we are two injuries or suspensions short of needing Batth. Preference obviously would be to sign a starter with Bennett and Hause shuffling down one. From what I can see it's not a position with have anyone in the U23's to use for a few games

Put Traore there, imagine the havoc he could wreak running from 85 yards out!

Put Traore there, imagine the havoc he could wreak running from 85 yards out!
Now you're getting the hang of it. He could probably ping it 85 yards and still meet it on the other end.

SBR teasing something.

Next week news will break that shows what Fosun's intentionas are. We mentioned on the podcast about a stratospheric trajectory. Shit is about to get real #wwfc

It's hardly a shot in the dark that a team that has money and needs a couple of signings will sign a couple of players in the last week they're allowed to sign a couple of players. SBR are genius....

This is what a Boro fan said about Traore at wing back

Watching you guys debate whether Traore is a wing back or not is hilarious. Good luck if you try it. It will be a disaster. After watching every Boro game last season I can tell you right now Traore is an absolute disaster defensively. We rarely let him near our own box because he is pretty clumsy at tackling and has given penalties away. The only defensive ability he has is his pace. Any decent winger will rip him to pieces. He tracks back, but he is lazy. He rarely tracks runs and if he does he doesn’t have the ability to tackle correctly. He is an out and out winger. Playing him as a wing back would be an absolute disaster imo. I hear that Nuno is a very tactical manager. Traore is a disaster tactically. We had to switch him wings at half time so our manager could bark orders at him to get him to defend. Sorry, but I would be amazed if he becomes a good wing back

I think a large majority of Wulfs know very well he will be shit at LWB... Only the idiots would put him there.

Virtually everyone has said the wing back idea is bollocks.

This is because we have EYES.

Traore will come as an IF, if he comes, and would become our 'Raheem Sterling' in style. An option for Nuno to use at the appropriate time during a match.

Whether he feels it's worth spending the kind of money being mentioned, is up to Nuno. It seems a large amount for what we'd get, but you have to trust his judgement.

No Zinchenko in City squad. He won’t play for them, at 22 you’d think he’d want to move with the chance of regular Premier League football.

No Zinchenko in City squad. He won’t play for them, at 22 you’d think he’d want to move with the chance of regular Premier League football.

I don't think he'd get regular football here any more considering the two spots he was considered for have now been filled.

I don't think he'd get regular football here any more considering the two spots he was considered for have now been filled.

He’s get more than he will there. He can play a number of positions, so he’d get a decent amount of games over the season.

Plus Jonny can play on the right if we see Zinchenko as a wing back.

Someone on the Mix reckons security staff at the training ground have told him Ronny Lopes has been there today. Played with Moutinho at Monaco last season and used to be at Man City.

Someone on the Mix reckons security staff at the training ground have told him Ronny Lopes has been there today. Played with Moutinho at Monaco last season and used to be at Man City.
What a signing that would be! He's a little magician, would love to see him play alongside Costa, Jota, Cav etc.

Would be good if true, he had a fantastic season with Monaco last year.

Nah not having that. He's one of their best players and would probably double our transfer record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back