• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still makes no sense to me. Why would we allow them to raise the price by paying in installments? The club are cash rich and it all goes down in the accounts as amortised any way. Does it affect our P&L figures if we pay it all up front or something?

Aye

We either pay it up front or we walk away, but I guess we have invested a lot of time in the deal.

I guess there is the possibility that the main Board of Fosun have set a budget for the season, which Jeff and co are are trying to work within. £22m across a 5 year contract would £4.4m this year as opposed to the £18m, the balance could go on another couple of signings.

FFP is wage related so I believe so that wouldn't be impacted one way or another.

FFP still has a £105m over three years limit, it's just that no-one really gets near it unless you sign Ronaldo/Neymar.

Reduced by £22m for each year you were in the Championship too.

Kitolano on his way, apparently.

Only seen him play once, didn't really stand out in any wayI can remember but that might be a good thing fr an 18yo defender. Originally from Congo, capped at most or allyouth levels, including the euro u19 champs lately. His Contract is out at the end of the season here in November, aparently he was signing a new one at but changed his mind at the last minute. Seems there is probably a deal in place for around £100-200 000 plus add ons and a future percentage, after Odd rejected abid of £500 000 earlier this year.

Yep, Tippeligaen side.

As an enthusiast for obscure details you'll probably like to know it's Eliteserien now. Tippeligaen was a very long standing sponsor name with the state monopoly betting firm but that is over now. And if you really want to be a geek the 'the' is superfluous as the definite article is included in the word in the form of the 'en' ending.

The Vida rumour has resurfaced. £16m bid apparently.

Someone mentioned that last night at a party I was at, I thought he was going to Arsenal.

Looks like Mina and Alderweireld are going to man utd you'd expect them to shed 1 or 2 CBs.

Smalling may be an option after all

Would be good to have Bennett as back-up and Saiss back to CM back-up

Do we? He won't even be on the bench next season and is behind Bennet, Saiss and Hause afaict.

Would be more likely he moves end of the month on loan with a view to a permanent, or in January if he and Nuno agree on hanging around a bit longer.

The new Berra :D

If we are letting him go (having already let Roderick go on loan) I’m sure will be signing a defender. If big clubs like united start making the signings they need market will start to move, finally.

If Batth does go, I wonder who will be the Coady back up? Hause played there once in pre season I think.

The new Berra :D

If we are letting him go (having already let Roderick go on loan) I’m sure will be signing a defender. If big clubs like united start making the signings they need market will start to move, finally.

If Batth does go, I wonder who will be the Coady back up? Hause played there once in pre season I think.

Do you think Saiss might be better suited to be a back up to Coady rather than as a replacement for Bennett? Seems to me he has similar credentials as Coady to fit into that role.

I did wonder that. Coady more mobile but Saiss has a good passing range when given the time like Coady is in that position. He’d be better there than on the right as Nuno has tried out I reckon.

Big test for Coady start of this season. Watching the highlights was a bit worried (much like last pre season) about our vulnerability to ball down middle against him. He will be up against higher quality this season so will need to step it up even more than he has.

That said, a few decent games and he will be touted for an England call up ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back