• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a think and other than Ruddy and Bennett is he going to become our 3rd most experienced prem player? Can't recall Coady ever playing for Liverpool but if he did it would have been nominal.

He’ll be good value for money if he has a positive contribution to us having a successful (ie. top half) season. It’s reslly not THAT much money, just compared to some other players we have got fantastic value for, im not sure that can always be the case.

He’s going to be a player that creates a lot of space for us, in different situations too. He might be a bit frustrating but I can handle that if he scares the shit out of the other team and can take players out of the game like he does. He won’t be crossing the ball from the touch line, it will be about low crosses, cut backs and combinations in and around the area, like it is for the others

What traore has never had, is sharp, intelligent movement around him. His instructions are either run really fast outside and cross it, or go inside and shoot.

I like what he could be. He beats defenders with greater ease, more often than any of our current options - and with better players around him I think his football will improve. Its no good harking back to his last PL effort in a shit team when he was professionally inexperienced. He had a cracking season in the championship and in the right team he can have a decent impact in the top flight imo. I doubt he'll play many games outside the top 5 leagues in the next 5-6 years

Correction, what he's never had is a brain in his head.

This smacks of "Seyi's passes were too good for our players to read".

Happy to be proved wrong with this but it looks like a waste of money to me. It's a decent chunk of money in a position I don't think we needed another player in and the attributes being brought to the table are of questionable value.

Agreed, I'd rather have seen that money going on even nominal upgrades at rwb or rcb.

I’d have thought Nuno deserved a bit of credit from what he’s achieved so far, and if he’s decided Traore is the man he wants, we should think there’s probably a good reason.

But hey, maybe you guys know better?

Imagine someone offered us £5m now for Bright based on "what he could be" (as even his biggest critics will concede that he has ability, to a point). Once you'd stopped laughing, you'd snap their hand off.

Agreed, I'd rather have seen that money going on even nominal upgrades at rwb or rcb.

But this money isn’t being used instead of that is it. This doesn’t take us to the max of our budget

I’d have thought Nuno deserved a bit of credit from what he’s achieved so far, and if he’s decided Traore is the man he wants, we should think there’s probably a good reason.

He's a good manager. Doesn't mean I agree with everything he does. I assume you were a-ok with him playing Danny Batth at Villa Park?

Fergie is one of the best managers in the entire history of football and he made some absolutely shocking signings.

Thing is, clearly people have made their minds up. Even if he does wel it won’t be ‘enough’, so he’ll have to be extraordinary to get people’s slightest approval

Thing is, clearly people have made their minds up. Even if he does wel it won’t be ‘enough’, so he’ll have to be extraordinary to get people’s slightest approval

Not really and you know me better than that.

If he's up to the standard of Cav (for instance) and plays a part this season (in a different way to what Cav would do, as they aren't really similar players) then I'll be delighted. I just happen to think he's quite a long way below that standard.

I'd look quite dynamic in a Pulis team.

I have nothing but credit for him, but this is a forum. This feels like a 18million Joe Mason signing to me and you cant stop me voicing that, if it works out, great, if it doesn't then I'll be annoyed.

So far Nuno’s signings have been excellent, barely any errors - and he’s a manager that has a strict system, not someone that buys random players and chucks them out on the pitch.

I have real trust that he knows what he’s doing.

Fair enough - I just think commenrs Like ‘freak bastard’ are a bit unnecessary.

He could be lethal with the way we play, especially on the counter attack. There are few players who can get out of pockets of space (with several players around him) AND have that amount of speed.

Teams more and more in modern football are trying to defend the counter attack with the positioning of their players while attacking (Pep is the absolute boss of this currently, Klopp too), but what can teams do if someone like Traore can escape several players counter-pressing him? I can see exactly why Nuno wants him.

Fair enough - I just think commenrs Like ‘freak bastard’ are a bit unnecessary.

He could be lethal with the way we play, especially on the counter attack. There are few players who can get out of pockets of space (with several players around him) AND have that amount of speed.

Teams more and more are trying to defend the counter attack with the positioning of their players while attacking (Pep is the absolute boss of this currently, Klopp too), but what can teams do if someone like Traore can escape several players counter-pressing him? I can see exactly why Nuno wants him.

You might have noticed over the last eight years that I'm not always entirely serious with what I say.

There are lot of coulds there. Yeah, I get that he's fast. I don't think it matters that much if you aren't actually very good at football.

But this forum is way beyond voicing an opinion isn’t it? It’s banging on for page after page that Nuno doesn’t know what he’s doing with this signing.

I make like 3 posts a week, so no offence but you can rod off attributing that to me!

I have nothing but credit for him, but this is a forum. This feels like a 18million Joe Mason signing to me and you cant stop me voicing that, if it works out, great, if it doesn't then I'll be annoyed.

I was against the mason signing - we were really hit an miss in the market at the time and it didn’t really feel like we had any kind of strategy, but it really feels like we do now.

It’s not about just pace, which we know can be a precious commodity it’s what Traores skill set alongside that pace can do and i think it suits us and our way of playing greatly.

Anyway - where is Nash, probably crying into his drink that Spiers got there 5 minutes before his usual tweet time

I make like 3 posts a week, so no offence but you can rod off attributing that to me!

Sorry mate, not aimed at you - this thread has felt a bit daft for a while - limited grey, but really extreme positions - he’s got no positives whatsoever or he’s amazing. Gets annoying after a while. Not aimed at you though.

I’ll rod off now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back