• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sincerely hope they've got it wrong.

And me. He's no better than, or as good as, what we already have and there are far more pressing concerns that need addressing. Especially for £19m.

If you look at him as a direct upgrade on Enobakhare's role in the squad then it makes sense to me.

Great player to bring on towards the end of games.

If you look at him as a direct upgrade on Enobakhare's role in the squad then it makes sense to me.

Great player to bring on towards the end of games.

Good point. Go 1-0 up then have him spannering crosses into the South Bank for the last 15 minutes to eat up time...

Good point. Go 1-0 up then have him spannering crosses into the South Bank for the last 15 minutes to eat up time...
Seriously, he absolutely terrifies defences. He tore us apart at Boro until we started kicking him. His assist for Bamford's goal was unreal as well.

In the 2nd half of last season he was very productive, MOTM basically every time he took to the field. If he can continue that kind of form then there's absolutely a spot for him in our squad.

Tore us apart, really? They barely had a kick until we went down to 10 men. Then we went down to 9 men not long after. Well done Adama for running at R-Benz when he's playing at right back in those circumstances.

He beat Boly once in the first half but it came to nothing.

He did alright for Boro but their entire gameplan was "give him the ball". He looked good in a terrible team (from a creative standpoint) and as such his performances looked better than they actually were, much like Sako in 2012/13.

I wouldn't be disappointed with Traore, we've seen what Nuno has done to improve Doherty, Bennett and Coady as the season went on, the raw talent that Traore has could be nurtered by him too. Gone are the days of players arriving and regressing en masse. They improve.

He didn’t do much in the first half because Boro were shit and just played long ball. Second half when they got him the ball he caused us all sorts of trouble. Neves and Doherty were constantly trying to foul him, contributing to their sending off in the end. Saiss was scared to touch him after he got booked also.

I don’t think he’s amazing, but I feel we do need an extra body there (Enobakhare isn’t good enough), then I’d rather it be Traore rather than the alternatives (Guedes? - looked like a competition winner in the WC) for double the cost.

Traore is raw but talented and is an attacking player who did well in a Pulisball team.

We are never going to buy the top players right now so we need to gamble a bit and buy players who are on their way up and will hopefully develop.

If he fulfills his potential he'll be absolutely top drawer

He might become a top player, he might not but these are the kind of calculated risks we'll need to take.

He didn’t do much in the first half because Boro were shit and just played long ball. Second half when they got him the ball he caused us all sorts of trouble. Neves and Doherty were constantly trying to foul him, contributing to their sending off in the end. Saiss was scared to touch him after he got booked also.

I don’t think he’s amazing, but I feel we do need an extra body there (Enobakhare isn’t good enough), then I’d rather it be Traore rather than the alternatives (Guedes? - looked like a competition winner in the WC) for double the cost.

Valencia have returned home unable to find a solution with PSG over the transfer of Guedes.

I’d be happy with Traore but when we have a couple of positions that we desperately need more players in it doesn’t really make sense

I would absolutely love us to sign Traore. the second half of the season he had fantastic end product and frightened the life out of teams, but still has loads more potential to improve - and I think Nuno is the man to do it...

Don't see the need to get Traore in, no better than what we have in and I'd prefer to watch Costa and Cav to an inferior roadrunner.

Tim Nash -

I'm told next week could be a big one for @Wolves. Lots going on behind the scenes, with Jorge Mendes's close colleague Valdir Cardoso working flat out to bring in several signings.

@Nuno wants a CM alongside Neves, a left wing back and a CB, among others. @Wolves are still awaiting developments with Olegsandr Zinchenko, who has been told he will only have limited chances at @ManCity, who have accepted a bid rising to £16m.

Leipzig have apparently really got Ademola Lookman's head turned. I'd be okay with trying to hijack that.

Why hasn't pandemonium broken out, as that tweet doesn't mention a RWB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back