• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's left footed then - shall we rule it out as I can't see us moving Boly to the right :D
Nuno seems to like playing players on the opposite side to their strongest foot...

Nuno seems to like playing players on the opposite side to their strongest foot...

I think with Boly it's that weird thing of some right footed defenders who prefer playing on the left (John Terry being a really good example - it's so weird). So I think when he put Saiss there against Aston Villa it was partly to do with that, but also for him to prevent counter attacks by coming inside more.

He does it with the midfielders to encourage the switch of play quicker.

I think if it was a case of Nuno liking players on the opposite side to their strongest foot he would have done it with Hause by now.

I read into the Saiss on the right more that be only wanted to make one switch to the defensive lime rather than a big disruption. Particularly when it’s all about partnerships and familiarity.

Not even sure the Terry preferring the left is a thing (might be wrong). He’s just always played with tight footers, and therefore as he was the more comfortable out there it stuck and has done.

Think it’s the same with Nuno. Boly is certainly more comfortable on the left than Batth, Miranda, Bennett. If Hause was to come in the side, or we signed another left footer. I’d be confident Boly would be getting switched.

Might be my memory, but didn't Boly start the season on the right with Miranda on the left? If so it says to me he played the rest of the year on that side as a matter of need rather than desire. For me we should sign the best centre half we can and Boly play the opposite side to where they are most comfortable.

I seem to remember Miranda being on the right of the 3 the only time I saw him play. (home to Cardiff)

I think with Boly it's that weird thing of some right footed defenders who prefer playing on the left (John Terry being a really good example - it's so weird). So I think when he put Saiss there against Aston Villa it was partly to do with that, but also for him to prevent counter attacks by coming inside more.

He does it with the midfielders to encourage the switch of play quicker.

I think if it was a case of Nuno liking players on the opposite side to their strongest foot he would have done it with Hause by now.
With Boly I don't think its a defensive decision its more the way he dribbles, which is very "Matthews" style. He may not find it as comfortable on the other side but im sure defensively he would be fine. Its a strange thing looking at a 6ft 3 monster doing the Matthews we are very lucky lol.

Alan Nixon is at it again...

Wolves are looking at a “very, very ambitious” move for a centre-half who is an “Uncle Jorge” client.

His hit rate with tweets is shocking so I wouldn’t get too excited, but maybe he’s heard something.

Alan Nixon is at it again...

His hit rate with tweets is shocking so I wouldn’t get too excited, but maybe he’s heard something.

He has a pretty low hit rate. He seems to try and create purchases of whatever Sunday paper he writes for by never revealing a lot and just saying "Bit in paper"when asked

He has a pretty low hit rate. He seems to try and create purchases of whatever Sunday paper he writes for by never revealing a lot and just saying "Bit in paper"when asked

Correct.

It's just a Mendes dig. He says he's trying to do the deal even though he's not his client with an embarrassed face emoji.

Im fecking dreading Sky Sports on August the 9th. Jim Shite swooshing from one ground to another just because the janitor opened a toilet door for a crap.
Cameras will be in there looking to see what player is being snuck in.

What a load of bollocks. If he knew who we were going for he'd say so, none of this cryptic nonsense. Nixon is a fucking mutant.
cadba061422e9969e278bd024feed138.jpg

What a load of bollocks. If he knew who we were going for he'd say so, none of this cryptic nonsense. Nixon is a fucking mutant.

Like I say he will Tweet something about this again before Sunday and say "Bit in Paper" and still not reveal who it is supposed to be

and...

@reluctantnicko Thanks for the info Alan, any idea when we’ll get a name?

Alan Nixon
‏ @reluctantnicko
Alan Nixon Retweeted Ciarán Barker

Do a story on Sunday. But it’s a long shot.

I liked him more when he was the Nigel Farage to Owen Coyle's Arron Banks.

Boro fans reckon we're signing Adama Traore for £19M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back