• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really pleased that I didn't waste any time joining in with this pointless exercise

Let's start it again. SENSIBLY.

We need Wing Backs. We need a Central Defender. We need a Central Midfielder. We might want a Striker, but I think not.

All of those MUST be upgrades. No buying of cover is even vaguely acceptable.

Saves people reading the last reams of bollocks.

It is always a good read when people argue but basically share the same opinion.

We need Wing Backs. We need a Central Defender. We need a Central Midfielder. We might want a Striker, but I think not.

Agree with this - the first 3 are essential

Not so worried about another striker unless someone clearly better than we have now is available - Costa/Cav & Jota are capable of scoring (& from pics I have seen Costa looks physically twice the player he was last season - as long as his pace has not been compromised as a result he could well be devastating)

Wing backs - Yes (although I think we will only target a RWB)
Central Midfielder - Yes
Central Defender - Would be nice but we have cover, especially with Saiss being an option
Forward - If a proper stonker of a player is available then bonus time. We have ensured we have cover there just in case, which saves us from a last minute deal to keep the numbers up.

Patricio arrived today and starts training tomorrow. Wonder if he will play v Ajax on Thursday.

Jiminez last seen in France. No idea why, would he be doing thisregarding his visa? I remember a couple of times where Wolves players have had to go to France for something to renew working visas a few years back.

Patricio arrived today and starts training tomorrow. Wonder if he will play v Ajax on Thursday.

Jiminez last seen in France. No idea why, would he be doing thisregarding his visa? I remember a couple of times where Wolves players have had to go to France for something to renew working visas a few years back.

He posted a video advertising Bridgestone earlier, maybe something to do with that?

I don't think we'll sign a LWB. Vinagre isn't so far away in his development that we can't even consider using him in the PL. He was properly competing with Baz before we signed Afobe, plenty of times it would have been a very tight call as to which one started. Obviously the loan thing buggered all that up for him.

I'd like us to sign a CH but we do have plenty of resources there. It's a nice to have rather than an absolute necessity.

We absolutely do need a RWB and a CM because we don't have the numbers, let alone what you think of the individuals that we own.

Exactly that. He’s with a member of the Wolves staff sorting his work permit.

I don't think we'll sign a LWB. Vinagre isn't so far away in his development that we can't even consider using him in the PL. He was properly competing with Baz before we signed Afobe, plenty of times it would have been a very tight call as to which one started. Obviously the loan thing buggered all that up for him.

I'd like us to sign a CH but we do have plenty of resources there. It's a nice to have rather than an absolute necessity.

We absolutely do need a RWB and a CM because we don't have the numbers, let alone what you think of the individuals that we own.

Would like a better starter at CB for the right hand side if we can get one - Hause & Bennett as backups I am happy with (not sure that Batth is an answer at Premier level) - if we can't get a better one then no point signing anyone no better than we already have

Would like a better starter at CB for the right hand side if we can get one - Hause & Bennett as backups I am happy with (not sure that Batth is an answer at Premier level) - if we can't get a better one then no point signing anyone no better than we already have

He's going to move Doc there, copy Southgate with Kyle Walker...

Having watched a lot of the World Cup, I think Vida would be a top drawer signing for us and I hope we have/had something in place before the tournament properly got going for him. Dodgy haircut aside, he's a proper CB - mean, harsh in the tackle, reasonably good on the ball, good in the air. Little bit on the slow side but you can't have it all. I was very impressed with him at the WC and I think he'd work really well in a three man defence and would give us some added steel at the back. Hause is ready to come in at any time and has been featured heavily on our social media pages throughout pre-season so I think him and MGW will be 'promoted/pushed on' in their development and roles within the squad this season.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that we need to bring in another CM. We're going in to the season with Neves & Saiss - and MGW (who lets not forget we're unsure will work in a midfield two) as our options. We need some more numbers/quality there without a shadow of a doubt.

Wing back is an area of concern. I can deal with Douglas/Vinagre on the one side but we still have zero cover/competition for Doherty - German Phil will likely never play for us, plus he's injured again isn't he? We simply have to sign another RWB.

I'm the same as Johnny on the FW. It would be nice if someone absolutely top drawer came available, but we've got Raul (who deserves a chance), Jota/Cav/Costa rotating as a fluid front three, Bonatini and even Rafa Mir has found his shooting boots this pre-season, even if it's early doors. So I can see the sense in holding out in that position unless we're offered something too good to turn down.
Agree on Vida, excellent tournament

Batth isn't good enough for the bench at this level he will get minced. Hause should hopefully be able to step up although Nuno doesn't seem to want to put Boly on the right for some reason.

CM and a RWB a must for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back