• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at this further crosses per game:

Doherty - 0.6
Douglas - 1.9
Costa - 0.3
Jota - 0.3
Cav 1.2

It'd be interesting to see how we managed an average of 16 crosses per game given those figures!?

No, you've put up two stats which aren't connected. Douglas 15 assists and 5 goals prove that. We didn't win the league because our attacking play came through Doherty on the right, which was your suggestion.

Well my initial suggestion was that Wolves weren't a team that crossed the ball a lot.

That has been proven to be correct.

42% of our attacking play came down the right, of course Doherty was important in that, i'm sorry that your preconceptions fail to enable you to understand that.

I'm not sure what the point of this discussion is now.

Originally it seemed to be that people weren't being "fair" to Matt Doherty except hardly anyone has had a go at his performances last season, everyone accepts that he can play at RWB at least to a point in the Championship. Virtually no-one wants us to have him as our first choice at RWB in the Premier League which is why the original counter to buying someone as "cover/competition" for him was made, indeed we shouldn't be buying "cover/competition" for anyone. He can't cross which is evident to anyone who has watched him play, apparently it's unfair to say that because we don't cross the ball...

Essentially what would the MDFC like everyone to concede so we can talk about something else? :D

I'm not sure what the point of this discussion is now.

Originally it seemed to be that people weren't being "fair" to Matt Doherty except hardly anyone has had a go at his performances last season, everyone accepts that he can play at RWB at least to a point in the Championship. Virtually no-one wants us to have him as our first choice at RWB in the Premier League which is why the original counter to buying someone as "cover/competition" for him was made, indeed we shouldn't be buying "cover/competition" for anyone. He can't cross which is evident to anyone who has watched him play, apparently it's unfair to say that because we don't cross the ball...

Essentially what would the MDFC like everyone to concede so we can talk about something else? :D

Well the "point" was to disprove bullshit that he can't control the ball and can't cross, which on the former isn't true, on the latter is about as relevant as Willy Boly's crossing ability as it's not an important aspect of our play.

Also when i'm told i lack credibility for having an opinion, and then prove why i have that opinion with facts, and then still get told i'm wrong, it gets me a little hot under the collar.

This is the internet after all, it's serious.

I've just backread four pages of this bollocks hoping for some transfer news you fucking spunkbuckets

Also when i'm told i lack credibility for having an opinion, and then prove why i have that opinion with facts, and then still get told i'm wrong, it gets me a little hot under the collar.

What facts? Doherty’s great because we don’t cross the ball?

I've just backread four pages of this bollocks hoping for some transfer news you fucking spunkbuckets

2e3pfu.jpg

I haven't seen enough or Mario to form an opinion, but the West Ham fans seem to speak highly of him?

Not really, I read through that thread on KUMB, once you get to the end of the season and they're not just reacting to a one off decent performance (he had two or three) then they're pretty much all saying he doesn't do enough bar the odd nice set piece here and there, he's non-existent defensively and not worth the money. Fair assessment really.

I haven't seen enough or Mario to form an opinion, but the West Ham fans seem to speak highly of him?

West Ham fans generally seem to like him from comments on Twitter etc

I am refusing to judge any Portugese player in the World Cup as their system choked the players out of games. In one way I am happy Neves wasn't dumped into that team.

Do they? Not from what I've seen and read, a lot hated him. Extremely inconsistent, scores the odd good goal after smashing half a dozens shots in row Z and isn't all that creatively, just neat and tidy but wants too much time on the ball.

He looks like he could be a useful player, certainly an upgrade on our current backup to Costa/Cav/Jota, but 25m is a lot for backup. Unless the rumours about Cav are correct...?

Well the "point" was to disprove bullshit that he can't control the ball and can't cross, which on the former isn't true, on the latter is about as relevant as Willy Boly's crossing ability as it's not an important aspect of our play.

This is the internet after all, it's serious.

Nobody said your opinion wasn't relevant but painting it as fact needs credibility. Something you've still not managed to achieve by connecting a percentage of possession to a player and us winning the league. If you honestly think a percentage of possession relates to winning the league then I think stats may not be for you.

Then to top that we don't cross the ball anyway so having all that possession down the right means fuck all anyway. It is fairly obvious Doherty needs to be upgraded on and nobody (not even you) has said otherwise. So why are you getting all bent out of shape over a player you think needs upgrading anyway?

Got quite a few West Ham supporting friends, not one of them really spoke highly of him, overarching comment was "don't really know what his best position would be, or even what he's really good at".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back