• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to take this away from a Doc discussion.....apparently Spurs have enquired about Joao Mario.

I want an upgrade too!

Sound.

EP said:
The talk of him being poor at crossing and having a poor touch amongst other things is what got my goat.

None of that had been said at that point though?

Also, how do Wolves crossing stats compare to the rest of the league, why just cherry pick the top? A lot of our crosses were from set pieces, and as a team that dominated we would naturally have more corners and free kicks than many other teams, despite that we are still the lowest anyway, so my point remains, we were one of the lowest (if not THE lowest) crossing teams in the Champ.

I didn’t cherry pick the top. For one the lower teams would have had much less possession so the amount of crosses would probably have been fewer by default. I was looking at teams who had much more possession mostly and controlled games, comparing ‘like for like’ as near as possible. Also my bost arm started hurting so gave up.

42% of Wolves play came down the right, a much higher % than the centre and left, if Doherty was just "alright" we wouldn't have won the league with him playing a key role in a formation that relies on it's wingbacks.

Where did the percentage of goals come from?

I didn’t. I know he doesn’t cross as I’ve said before, he doesn’t do a lot with ball when he gets it.

Fair enough, although if the majority of our play comes down the right (it does), and we won the league (we did), i'd suggest that his output must have been pretty good?

But according to a few on here he’s “shit”?

Hard work with you today Jinks.

Yes, I've seen him play for two club teams and one international team, he looks shit to me, I have no idea what he's supposed to be. Feel free to disagree with that assessment from the legions of Joao Mario games you have watched.

Spurs buy shit players too, they still own Vincent Janssen and Moussa Sissoko.

Fair enough, although if the majority of our play comes down the right (it does), and we won the league (we did), i'd suggest that his output must have been pretty good?

Baz averaged 1.9 crosses per game which resulted in 15 assists. If Doherty had crossed more...

I give up now.

Baz averaged 1.9 crosses per game which resulted in 15 assists. If Doherty had crossed more...

I give up now.

Are you really comparing a player who took 90% of our set pieces with a player who didn't take any?

Those two statistics aren't connected as Barry Douglas assists attest to. Also it's disproved by Doc's lack of assists in comparison. Now you were to say the majority of our attacking play down the right was because of Cav and Costa ruining players then I'd agree with you. But that's not what you suggest so I would say your Doc argument isn't supported.

I give up now.

k1PlgF3.gif

Those two statistics aren't connected as Barry Douglas assists attest to. Also it's disproved by Doc's lack of assists in comparison. Now you were to say the majority of our attacking play down the right was because of Cav and Costa ruining players then I'd agree with you. But that's not what you suggest so I would say your Doc argument isn't supported.

What? So i prove you wrong with stats as you ask, and then you tell me I'm wrong, despite the fact you are clearly ignoring that Douglas takes corners and free kicks for us.

Douglas and Doherty's assists from open play were fairly similar i'd imagine? (i'm not sure)

What? So i prove you wrong with stats as you ask, and then you tell me I'm wrong, despite the fact you are clearly ignoring that Douglas takes corners and free kicks for us.

Douglas and Doherty's assists from open play were fairly similar i'd imagine? (i'm not sure)

No, you've put up two stats which aren't connected. Douglas 15 assists and 5 goals prove that. We didn't win the league because our attacking play came through Doherty on the right, which was your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back