• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batth isn't good enough to be a starter but the odd game as cover he will be fine. Slower and shitter CB's have somehow managed to survive in the Prem.

Not sure that £20m plus for a 29 year old is actually that wise for us just now in our development.

Batth isn't good enough to be a starter but the odd game as cover he will be fine. Slower and shitter CB's have somehow managed to survive in the Prem.

I dunno about survive, one of them won it!

33F0263700000578-3578668-Captain-a-18_1462655943038.jpg

His performance when we beat Forest 5-1 at Molineux was hilarious. Genuinely like they'd pulled some massive fat guy out of the crowd.

If Batth were to play he'd have to be the middle of the 3. Bennett on the right with Doherty in front at PL level worries me, Batth and Doherty is the stuff of nightmares

If Batth were to play he'd have to be the middle of the 3. Bennett on the right with Doherty in front at PL level worries me, Batth and Doherty is the stuff of nightmares
If that happened we would be in the middle of a defensive injury crisis.

5 x pages about whether Doc is good enough and then you throw this out there about Batth!

FFS Stu. Remove yourself!

Batth in the middle is surely worse than batth on the right, I've seen bin lorries turn quicker.

No, no, no, no, no, no and no again.

Batth could not play the role. If Batth were the only option we'd be better going 4 at the back. There is no way Batth could play in the middle, just no

If that happened we would be in the middle of a defensive injury crisis.
As things stand we are arguably one injury to Coady away from him starting in the middle and if Nuno doesn't move Boly over one to Bennett aswell. I think after letting Miranda go we'll bring someone in as we will in CM and RWB. Giles and Vinagre will likely back up Douglas and I think Jimenez will have some sort of assurance before signing that he'll be first choice at least to begin with.

No, no, no, no, no, no and no again.

Batth could not play the role. If Batth were the only option we'd be better going 4 at the back. There is no way Batth could play in the middle, just no
He'd play it in a different way to Coady, just be required to head it and kick it and obviously we'd be poorer for it. Nuno won't go 442 and I don't want to see Batth on the pitch this season for a game that doesn't have Cup in it. Just saying he'd be a bombscare on the right, but in the centre you could hide him a bit more with our style. Before this goes the way of the Doherty discussion I DO NOT WANT TO SEE BATTH PLAY IN THE CENTRE THIS SEASON. [emoji38]

He'd play it in a different way to Coady, just be required to head it and kick it and obviously we'd be poorer for it. Nuno won't go 442 and I don't want to see Batth on the pitch this season for a game that doesn't have Cup in it. Just saying he'd be a bombscare on the right, but in the centre you could hide him a bit more with our style. Before this goes the way of the Doherty discussion I DO NOT WANT TO SEE BATTH PLAY IN THE CENTRE THIS SEASON. [emoji38]

To be fair whenever batth plays there's normally some kind of fu cup anyway.

That was harsh and unfair, great servant but time to move on

Would rather play Boly in the middle than Batth - Hause can play out on the left

Diminishes us, but better that that than playing Batth there

Fonte wants to come back to the PL. No from me, but I'm sure we will at least be lazily linked

5 x pages about whether Doc is good enough and then you throw this out there about Batth!

FFS Stu. Remove yourself!

Just taking the heat off you for a bit little man

Not for me. 29 in October, glass ankles, one goal last season and he's a selfish bastard.

Batth isn't good enough to be a starter but the odd game as cover he will be fine. Slower and $#@!ter CB's have somehow managed to survive in the Prem.

Batth wasn't even fine in that role last season. No place in the team any longer, on the bench or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back