• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimenez Senior career goal record = 1 goal in every 3.5 games, a bit like Bonatini only much older.

Understandable Wolves fans not impressed by Jimenez's goal record. But it is misleading as he generally only plays 20-30mins per game. He actually got a goal or assist every 97mins last season! Incredible. Season before, one goal/assist every 84 minutes. Great record, in context.

- Alex Goncalves.

Jimenez is absolutely class. Unselfish, smart, inhuman first touch. He'd be an incredible signing.

I'd never heard of Jiminez until a few days ago but I like the reports I've heard. Hopefully he'll fit our system well.

A goal every 3.5 games would be rounded up to 12 league goals. That may sound disappointing to your average fan but that would have you in the top 20 scorers in the division.

We don't really play with a main goalscoring threat like most other teams. It's a bit disconcerting for some fans not having the equivalent of the Doog or even Bully at No.9. Goals will be much more evenly spread for us.

We don't really play with a main goalscoring threat like most other teams. It's a bit disconcerting for some fans not having the equivalent of the Doog or even Bully at No.9. Goals will be much more evenly spread for us.

True enough, if a fluent front three enables more total goals from those less static positions everyones a winner.

Problem with those goals per minute stats is it doesn't take into account that Benfica fans say he looks much better off the bench than when he starts. And that he often ends up wide too often.

Problem with those goals per minute stats is it doesn't take into account that Benfica fans say he looks much better off the bench than when he starts. And that he often ends up wide too often.

But wouldn't we want him to drift wide? Him, Cav and Jota switching position could cause mayhem in the defences of the "lesser teams"

But wouldn't we want him to drift wide? Him, Cav and Jota switching position could cause mayhem in the defences of the "lesser teams"
Sounds good on paper, but unless you dribble or pass past the entire defence to go one on one, you generally need someone in the box to finish off low crosses or balls in.

We are going to need another striker anyway, especially if the Afobe stuff is true so he might find himself coming off the bench at Wolves.

I thought that, maybe we will still sign Andre Silva (is that Galatasaray move definite?) and he and Raul can fight for the starting spot.

Evans either stopped trying last year or his legs have gone. My money is on the former.

On sky sports

Valencia have agreed a €50m deal with Paris Saint-Germain to sign Portugal winger Goncalo Guedes, reports Radio Montecarlo.

Guedes spent the 2017/18 season on loan at Valencia and indicated his willingness to stay on at the LaLiga club.

The Mestalla outfit have struck a €50m deal with PSG, who will include a sell-on clause in the transfer.

They'll need to sell Cancelo immediately then in all likelihood, not loan him. They need money by the end of the month to stave of FFP.

From the limited bits and bobs on Youtube Raul looks like he is a better version of Leo. Sublime first touch, good dribbling and decent finisher, as for he goes out too wide Nuno will sort that but in our system he will have licence to roam a bit as did Leo. I'm hopeful this one comes off.

Let's face it, there is no way that Albion would sell to us anyway.
They wouldn't have had a choice if we'd met his release clause and he wanted to come. Not there is any evidence that we wanted him or his sizeable signing on fee or wages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back