• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be because I'm on tapatalk and can't see people's signatures, but is there a summary anywhere of who we've been linked with and who it seems certain we're going to sign? I'm losing touch a bit with all the various names being thrown around..

Only 2 that seem certain are Patricio and Jimenez.

Everything points to a very substantial bid definitely going in for Cancelo, but no way of knowing whether we are going to be successful. Guedes now looking doubtful, but if it means we get Cancelo, then that isn't too bad at all.

Willian Jose rumour has gone silent. Andre Silva looks like it isn't happening just at the moment.

Patricio is obviously close, but we just have to wait there. Jimenez looks like it is almost done.

I'm still not sure on the timeframe for signing Patricio but Jimenez seems imminent. Looking forward to seeing how he does at the World Cup.

Tim 2 reporting Jiminez done on a year loan with 30 mill option to buy. Also reporting that Patricio is pretty much done, just some legal wrangling...

Alan Nixon reckons we’ve enquired about the young Leeds keeper, Peacock-Farrell.

Tim 2 reporting Jiminez done on a year loan with 30 mill option to buy. Also reporting that Patricio is pretty much done, just some legal wrangling...

30 million seems low. Unless a loan fee is close to 10 million.

We'll see.

Alan Nixon reckons we’ve enquired about the young Leeds keeper, Peacock-Farrell.
Nixon has a very low hit rate on his rumours. Kicks out a load and every now and again 1 sticks.

That said...he looked ok in the game we won 3-0 but would rather we stuck with Norris as our long term option.

61a6362c0068a86b248907a943d5d210.jpg

d45df4b8628bd0dfd3ca4791b14ba22d.jpg

I think a lot of people have said before they trust the club and our recruitment at the moment and I agree.

Obviously judging players off YouTube is pointless but I did watch this earlier

https://youtu.be/t18ZH4XqWcI

The Premier League is going to be a step up for Jiminez but some of his play bringing attacking midfielders in to the game as well as some of the finishes at least seem to show the club have done their homework on the style of striker we need for the system - it will be interesting to watch him at the World Cup,

I'm still not sure on the timeframe for signing Patricio but Jimenez seems imminent. Looking forward to seeing how he does at the World Cup.
Don't hold your breath. Mexico's manager doesn't like him.

Mexico's manager prefers to keep playing Chicharito despite the fact he has been pants for a year or more, basically.

The Mexican national team has a decently long history of freezing out players that they judge to have left Liga MX too early. Carlos Vela and Raúl Jimenez are the latest examples. It's mostly political.

I will willingly own up to my ignorance regarding this, but won't Wolves have to sign some English players. I thought there had to be a quota of home grown players.

We are not going to end up with some of the more outlandish links given that we are a newly promoted club (however well we played last season) so Jimenez looks to be a 'useful' addition if he comes - particularly on a loan so we can bin him off if it doesn't work out

I will willingly own up to my ignorance regarding this, but won't Wolves have to sign some English players. I thought there had to be a quota of home grown players.

Suspect that we have about enough who will be part of the 'squad' to comply with that rule

All 20 Clubs must include eight Home Grown players out of a squad of 25 for that Premier League season.

A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Clubs are able to supplement their squads with unlimited additional players under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences.

Hope that helps Frankie

If we name a full 25 man squad then we must have at least 8 home grown players (Doherty counts in this regard, even though he isn't English or from our Academy).

There's no saying we actually will name that many, the likes of MGW and Bright won't count this year as they're too young. If you restrict yourselves to 22, 23, 24 or whatever then I think the HG proportion decreases in turn.

As it stands Ruddy, Doherty, Bennett, Batth, Hause, Coady, Afobe (still ours for now!), Marshall, Graham and Norris would count, we can chuck in a token player or two who'll never actually play if we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back