• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah basically my thoughts too. As talented as he is, it's our most well stocked position. Unless he's going to give jota time up top, with a full preseason working on it who knows.

Ooh I would really like Roberts here, big fan of his. But still not sure we need an inside forward, certainly not a priority anyway!

I’d be very surprised if we spent big on another player in that position.

Chinese loan has to do with that tax that Chinese clubs have to pay in transfers over 6M.

Imo what Benfica is doing is a series of 6M loans until the 35M are paid.

Raul is a done deal by the portuguese press. 5M for 1 year. Buy out clause is 35M.

Some rumours that we've inquired after Ignazio Abate.

He was top class a few years ago, seems to be a way short of that now.

André Silva very close to Galatasaray.

Terrible career decision.

That's one I thought we would get. At the moment it seems we are targeting too high in some instances, which is fine at this stage of the Summer as if you don't ask you don't get, but it seems that if a Champions League option is there unsurprisingly players are taking it. I'm sure we will have options a level lower to target over the next few weeks.

Cancelo to Juve seems to have broken down. Valencia asking for too much.

Knowing nothing about all the names being bandied about, I'll just trust Nuno to get the players he wants to improve our current squad.

Portuguese newspaper A Bola published an alleged loan of Jimenez from Benfica to Wolves.

wtLoMb3.png

Can’t believe people would seriously turn their nose up to Abate :icon_lol:

I guess being linked to players like Cancelo is playing with peoples realistic expectations.

You don't understand why people don't want a player clearly on the way down and who will hold no value in a couple of years?

I am just thoroughly enjoying the summer window. It is going pretty much as I expected - a mass of links to huge money moves (by our standards) and some of them will get over the line. It's ace so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back