• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Squad 2015/16

If we are going Ojo. Afobe, Dicko might be inclined to use Henry on the right rather than VLP as he's more likely to assist the CMs if they need it

Plus first couple of games Baath won't be ready so Hause/EEL in with the other on the bench

1307947_Wolverhampton_Wanderers.jpg

I think we might end up seeing something like that eventually.

RW is up in the air but going by the friendlies it would seem Henry has the shirt.

So do we now think McDonald is staying?

So do we now think McDonald is staying?

Probably - as unless someone comes up with enough cash to make it worth our while he still has a year on contract. We have shown that we are prepared to let them run down and with the others we have he is good, but not critical.

Would rather we can agree a deal that keeps him for at least a year longer than we have at the moment. Whether we want him beyond that depends what we do this season.

1307947_Wolverhampton_Wanderers.jpg

I think we might end up seeing something like that eventually.

RW is up in the air but going by the friendlies it would seem Henry has the shirt.

Out of the 2 formations you've posted, this would be my choice. Hopefully Coady can supply the type of lovely through balls that KMac was feeding to Dicko last season

Yep that's the formation I was thinking of too.

I'm not expecting any more signings now unless McDonald leaves.You can always pick areas where you could improve, but assuming Ojo is decent then we have a good first 11 for the Championship and reasonable cover elsewhere. I'm fine with McCarey coming in for a few games, but if Ikeme got a long term injury I think we'd sign a new keeper. The only place I think we might be light is at left back if Golbourne had a long term injury as I wouldn't want Hause or Rowe there for a significant time (I know nothing of Deslandes), but at the level we are at that's not a positiom you can carry 2 quality players at unless one of them is good in another position as well.

Our reserve 11 (with no first 11 injuries), would probably stay up which for me says we have a strong squad

McCarrey
Doherty
EEL
Hause
Rowe
RVLP
Price
Edwards
Le Fondre
Bright
Graham
Evans and Saville don't even make that, plus kids like Ronan, Deslandes etc.

Last edited:
Our reserve 11 (with no first 11 injuries), would probably stay us which for me says we have a strong squad

McCarrey
Doherty
EEL
Hause
Rowe
RVLP
Price
Edwards
Le Fondre
Bright
Graham
Evans and Saville don't even make that, plus kids like Ronan, Deslandes etc.

That "reserve XI" is stronger than some first elevens in this division

I think fans of all teams think that their players are better than they really are, myself included. I'm really looking forward to this season. Think it's going to be a good one

I'm guessing Benik will be our new penalty taker? Took them for MK Dons

ALF is a penalty taker as well.

Back