• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Squad 2015/16

Never understood the British holding mid being #4 rather #6.

Never understood the British holding mid being #4 rather #6.

It's not just the UK it goes back to original formations and numbering. Inverting the Pyramid is the enlightenment you seek Alan ;)

It used to be

2----3

4---5---6

7---8---9---10---11​

The positions drifted around with the advent of new rules/tactics but the numbers stayed the same.

Edit: Ninja'd

The Eastern European traditional numbering swaps the #4 and #6 positions. IMHO that one makes more sense.

No, 1 to 11 should always look for traditional positions, which apart from McDonald and Edwards we more or less are. Tough call to take 2 of Doherty and from a motivational perspective the wrong thing to do.
1 Keeper
2 Right Back
3 Left Back
4 More defensive midfielder of the 2
5 Centre Half
6 Centre Half
7 Right Winger
8 More attacking midfielder of the 2
9 Centre Forward
10 Striker
11 Left Winger
#oldschool

I was trying to explain this to my 8 year old nephew the other day. He didn't have a clue what I was on about!

No, 1 to 11 should always look for traditional positions, which apart from McDonald and Edwards we more or less are. Tough call to take 2 of Doherty and from a motivational perspective the wrong thing to do.
1 Keeper
2 Right Back
3 Left Back
4 More defensive midfielder of the 2
5 Centre Half
6 Centre Half
7 Right Winger
8 More attacking midfielder of the 2
9 Centre Forward
10 Striker
11 Left Winger
#oldschool

Boring- being a keeper who liked the number 99 I guess I was biased

It used to be

2----3

4---5---6

7---8---9---10---11​

The positions drifted around with the advent of new rules/tactics but the numbers stayed the same.

Edit: Ninja'd

Really I had 2 and 3 as full backs and 5 as Centre back. 4 and 6 were half backs, 7 and 11 wing forwards 9 centre forward and 8 and 10 midfield like this

2-5-3
4 6
8 -10
7- 9- 11

Our squad moving forward

ed4941e73328fe517bbf4bede331c922.jpg

IMO we have loads of options and flexibility moving forward now. I Could of put Edwards everywhere but kept him where id prefer. Could of gone 4-4-2 or even 4-2-2-2 with Afobe and Alf up top. Was unsure on Byrne if he plays down the right or left? What are your thoughts people?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1441346212506.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1441346212506.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 26
Our squad moving forward

ed4941e73328fe517bbf4bede331c922.jpg

IMO we have loads of options and flexibility moving forward now. I Could of put Edwards everywhere but kept him where id prefer. Could of gone 4-4-2 or even 4-2-2-2 with Afobe and Alf up top. Was unsure on Byrne if he plays down the right or left? What are your thoughts people?

I'd put Hause and Batth as the main CB too.
You think thats how kenny will go once Batth is back? I think he will favour EEL. It was interesting to see Hause wing back and Iorfa LCB last night too. Both seem happy in either position. With Byrne trained as a RB would allow us to play with 3 CB's to grind out results if need be. IMO opinion we will see a more stable settled sqaud after the break.

EEL looks better than Hause at CB at the moment I think.

I thought we were trying to get away from hoof ball from the back?

I'd rather we started keeping clean sheets first and foremost.

Does anyone know what squad number Nathan Byrne has been given? Will KJ confuse the opposition by giving him #5...

I'd rather we started keeping clean sheets first and foremost.

Would people complain more if we won 1-0 for 5 games and drew 10 games 0-0 or won 8 games 3-2 and lost 7 games 3-2 (yes we would have 1 point less).

Wouldn't you rather be entertained rather than bored?

Back