• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

Looks a good atmosphere behind that goal. Any plans for a smaller, purpose built stadium or are you just going to continue sharing with the Panthers?

Looks a good atmosphere behind that goal. Any plans for a smaller, purpose built stadium or are you just going to continue sharing with the Panthers?
I'd like to think that we're going to put together something soccer specific, but honestly...
  1. Our owner, David Tepper, is an absolute ass. He's currently being sued for leaving a planned CLT FC office campus half unbuilt in the nearby town of Rock Hill. So I doubt spending the money is high on his priority list.
  2. Real estate out here is a fucking nightmare right now. Everything is priced absurdly high, both commercial and residential. But the population keeps going up, and therefore, so do rents. This is important because if Tepper decides to try to build a new stadium, finding land will be extremely difficult, and then he'll try to push a lot of the cost onto the taxpayers (ie, me!). That will likely go to a city referendum vote, but Charlotte has ignored the results of those in the past.
Tl,dr; I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath. Tepper is in this for money first and foremost.

Oh, also, yes, the Supporters' Section is absolutely wild. This was my first match not sitting over there and it was a ton of fun to really be able to hear how loud they are. I kind of lose track of my senses when I'm surrounded by all that energy. 😅

What's really frustrating is that we missed out on the perfect patch of land because it took so many years for our MLS expansion bids to not be hilariously disorganized. I'm no baseball fan, but the view in Truist Field is really something else, IMO:
kgwr5xhrdxd91.jpg

No shade on our minor league baseball team, though. Just god damn jealous.

I do love a looming belltower in the distance!

Besides, the towers here are mostly filled with bankers, so who's really coming out ahead? ;)

I do love a looming belltower in the distance!

Besides, the towers here are mostly filled with bankers, so who's really coming out ahead? ;)
You'll get your grand tour of Wolves when you come over. Should kill at least 10 minutes.

(I jest, it's not all bad)

I think I did okay for my first time fiddling with anything like PS!

Not as good as you, mind. 🙂

Hmm that’s a .PNG, it shouldn’t show any background. I’ll pop another one up when I get chance so there’s none of that white square showing.

I think I did okay for my first time fiddling with anything like PS!

Not as good as you, mind. 🙂
It certainly was decent. It’s just takes time and practice, plenty of googling techniques and methods and a desire to actually want to do it. Then you’re set, you get better over time.

Just you wait, I'll be slapping together heinous amalgamations of Jeff Shi memes and gifs from The Wire before you know it!

EDIT: I didn't even clock until just now that you aligned the left side of the crown with the left side of our wolf's little snout! You sneaky lil design wiz, you.

The devil is always in the detail…

Back