• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

'Zed' and 'shite' have definitely worked their way into my spoken vernacular.
How about 'Chuffed'?

I'd be chuffed to bits if we beat Arsenal.

How about 'Chuffed'?

I'd be chuffed to bits if we beat Arsenal.
Not that one, although that does remind me that I've absolutely used "gutted" out loud.

Weird following both Wolves and Charlotte at the moment. One side has no CBs, the other no FBs...

Somehow, despite Nathan Byrne and Harrison Afful continuing to get significant minutes, we managed to beat LA Galaxy 0-1 in Los Angeles! Major concerns continue over Lattanzio's tactics (if you have two fullbacks who can't run it seems a pretty awful idea to have them vacate their defensive areas by design), but hey, you don't need to be top quality to win in this league.

For the moment, we're above the playoff line!

Crazy scenes in 2.Bundesliga yesterday. Heidenheim were guaranteed to go up in 2nd if they beat already relegated Regensburg...but were 2-0 down after an hour. HSV winning at a similarly dismal Sandhausen pushed them into the automatic spot and that remained the case right to the end.

A goal back for Heidenheim but heading into injury time it was still 2-1 and even a draw wasn't going to be enough...party time in die Hansestadt surely. Nope. Goals on 90+1 and 90+9 and it's tiny Heidenheim (hadn't even ever made the second tier a decade ago) who are up.

Stuttgart vs HSV in a playoff of the giants, the top flight club normally gets the job done in a system I don't like.

St Pauli signed off with a 1-1 draw with Karlsruhe and a frankly incredible 5th placed finish.

And apparently HSV fans were on the pitch?!

More mullets than in an Aussie Rules game.

They never learn.

Totally passed me by that the first leg was last night.

Anyway HSV got gubbed 3-0. Second tier for another season at least it is then.

Brutal for the 🍔 fans, that is.

Charlotte had another midweek match on Wednesday, fell 1-0 away to Philly (no shame at all in that, kind of impressed we kept it so close).

Don't necessarily have much to report there, but do want to highlight the Crown's current odyssey of a road trip. This is all since the loss to Nashville in Charlotte on the 20th of May:
  • May 24th - @ Birmingham Legion (Birmingham, Alabama)
  • May 27th - @ LA Galaxy (Los Angeles, California)
  • May 31st - @ Philadelphia Union (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
  • June 3rd - @ Columbus Crew (Columbus, Ohio)
And then back home to Charlotte after Columbus. That's just under 6000 miles of travel in less than two weeks!

Totally passed me by that the first leg was last night.

Anyway HSV got gubbed 3-0. Second tier for another season at least it is then.
Just need to be the German Sheff Wed and nowt to worry about

Just need to be the German Sheff Wed and nowt to worry about
Get a fat bald man from say, Köln to inexplicably support them and take his top off at games?

I'm guessing you're not familiar with "Tango" :D

Let's just say I'm quite happy that he chose to arbitrarily support another team from miles away. I've seen him at England games, he's a prick. Only marginally better than that soap dodging Pompey wanker.

Well done Mariners. A-League comp winners, beating Melbourne City 6-1 in the final.

MLS matches are free on Apple TV tonight but, sorry Alan, I can’t bring myself to stay up until midnight to watch Charlotte!

Tickets to the Charlotte v. Inter Miami match are now ~$10,000. 😂😂😂

CLT 3-3 SEA

Yeah, okay, we didn't win, but this was a hell of a match to be at.

Lattanzio's tactics simply are what they are and we will continue to look a total mess defensively until he goes. But hey, we're definitely a fun watch.

A couple of stunning goals there. How did he keep it in on the touchline?

I was sat by the corner flag on that side and had a great view of it. Looked clearly in from where I was, so was pretty surprised when I saw how close it looked on camera!

Karol is bloody infuriating, not entirely unlike Podence. Always wants to do flicks and tricks and generally be a fancy boy. But sometimes it leads to moments like that one for our opener and you just have to applaud the audacity of it all.

Got any pics from your seat mate?

Back