• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

HSV run in looks fairly kind too. Still a fantastic second half of the season.

My second team if any would be Cambridge United. Had some very happy family members yesterday when they survived relegation from League 1 on the final day of the season

ljd1os64tp7vzwxmcrmx.png

Enzoooooooo :love:

Peep ex-Wolf Ronan getting some deserved plaudits, as well.

Classic TOTW BS; three extremely central center-forwards playing across a front 3.

Reactions: b3h
Ryan Gauld on the bench. How has he been playing? Thought he was daft to move to Vancouver after the season he had at Farense. Big 3 in Portugal were looking at him.

Ryan Gauld on the bench. How has he been playing? Thought he was daft to move to Vancouver after the season he had at Farense. Big 3 in Portugal were looking at him.
Everything Vancouver does in an attacking sense runs through him. He's not the strongest but he's quick, skilled, and tactically smarter than your average MLSer.

Maybe his career could have taken him elsewhere in Europe, but if his goal was to become "The Man" at a club, he's found that in spades.

@Van Wolfie may also have opinions here.

Reactions: b3h
A lovely (if low quality) win for Charlotte in the USOC last night, 1-0 against Orlando City.

Suddenly Kamil Jozwiak has remembered how to play football! And it’s actually making him quite a lovable member of the team. Got the goal on a very good dribble right between the two CBs of Orlando and then a brave flick over the onrushing keeper who was only inches away from really planting himself on Kamil’s ankle.

Highlights to come if any quality ones are to be had.

Atlanta United 1 - 3 Charlotte FC

Defensively we are still a bit of a mess (always hate to concede when you have a man advantage). That’ll happen when you play CBs who are both 20 years old. Going forward things are improving.

Shout outs to Lattanzio pulling one of the cruelest man-management moves I’ve seen in a while, subbing in young Hamady Diop for just his second full appearance before subbing him off barely ten minutes later (for reasons that still aren’t known AFAIK) to put on the corpse of Harrison Afful (who Atlanta immediately targeted to great effect). Diop is just 19 so big concerns over this for me.

Even with the weirdness, though, crushing Atlanta in Atlanta is never not fabulous. Kamil Jozwiak continues his remarkable turnaround from “what’s this round thing?” to a legitimate threat both in buildup and finishing. Hooray!

Last edited:
Only the most theoretical of mathematical chances for St Pauli now after a 0-0 draw with Düsseldorf. It was always unlikely and to even be in with a shout was unthinkable at Christmas, relegation looked far more likely.

I noted yesterday that it looks like it'll be Schalke on the other end of the playoff.

St Pauli simply have to win the last two matches and hope for a miracle elsewhere. Still a fantastic second half of the season and gives a decent level of hope for next time round.

A lovely (if low quality) win for Charlotte in the USOC last night, 1-0 against Orlando City.

Suddenly Kamil Jozwiak has remembered how to play football! And it’s actually making him quite a lovable member of the team. Got the goal on a very good dribble right between the two CBs of Orlando and then a brave flick over the onrushing keeper who was only inches away from really planting himself on Kamil’s ankle.

Highlights to come if any quality ones are to be had.
Only the most theoretical of mathematical chances for St Pauli now after a 0-0 draw with Düsseldorf. It was always unlikely and to even be in with a shout was unthinkable at Christmas, relegation looked far more likely.
Bloody hell you two. Every week for quite a while now, I've found myself checking for the fixtures and results of Charlotte and St Pauli...

I've even gone and got one of these!

Charlotte.jpg

Always difficult as a line has to be drawn somewhere but Chasetown are at the same level but in a different league to Walsall Wood who you could walk to in an hour, but are in the same one as Clitheroe. They are in the same league as Hednesford which I don't like as it forces me to pick.

On a serious note it is a significant disadvantage for both those clubs as the pool of players they are selecting from can play for a Midlands based side who have games mainly within their localty or ones who have them in the North West. When they all have jobs to consider that's a big drawback

Bloody hell you two. Every week for quite a while now, I've found myself checking for the fixtures and results of Charlotte and St Pauli...

I've even gone and got one of these!

View attachment 7331
I’d love to get the Portland Timbers plaid kit but I’m such a tight arse I won’t even pay full price for a Wolves top let alone a team I don’t really support!

Back