• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

Wow, that "offside" at the end 🫣

Wow, that "offside" at the end 🫣
The feeling of “oh my fuck, not again” to the sensation of “I guess VAR is broken everywhere but thank fucking goodness for that” was quite the rollercoaster.

I am tempted to get over to Naples sometime soon as I can remember the atmosphere in the late 80s when they last won Lo Scudetto with Maradona and co. Amazing where they have come from after being relegated down the leagues a few years back and reforming.

We watched the game last night, Juve had 2 second half goals disallowed before Napoli scored a 93rd minute winner through Raspadori. Spalletti is doing an amazing job, have long fancied him for the Italy job but prefer him to continue with Napoli.

It was a good weekend for Campania, our other side Salernitana beat Sassuolo 3-0 to pull 7 points clear of the drop zone in 14th (sounds familiar), last season was the first time they had survived a season in Serie A so on course for 3 seasons now under Portuguese manager Paulo Sousa who replaced Davide Nicola a couple of months ago after he (Nicola) had initially been fired in January before persuading the owners to give him his job back!

Reactions: b3h
Sampdoria just need to bridge 10 points in 7 games to stay up with Fiorentina away on Sunday it’s like a slow death unfortunately waiting for the inevitable.

I am tempted to get over to Naples sometime soon as I can remember the atmosphere in the late 80s when they last won Lo Scudetto with Maradona and co. Amazing where they have come from after being relegated down the leagues a few years back and reforming.

We watched the game last night, Juve had 2 second half goals disallowed before Napoli scored a 93rd minute winner through Raspadori. Spalletti is doing an amazing job, have long fancied him for the Italy job but prefer him to continue with Napoli.

It was a good weekend for Campania, our other side Salernitana beat Sassuolo 3-0 to pull 7 points clear of the drop zone in 14th (sounds familiar), last season was the first time they had survived a season in Serie A so on course for 3 seasons now under Portuguese manager Paulo Sousa who replaced Davide Nicola a couple of months ago after he (Nicola) had initially been fired in January before persuading the owners to give him his job back!
Looks like a scene from Gomorrah

Mild updates on the Charlotte side:

We've traded Andre Shinyashiki less than 6 months after giving him a new contract. In return we've got Justin Meram, who is a total one-trick pony of a winger and five years older than Andre. Not sure about this. Rumors, though, that Andre just wanted out of Charlotte because Anton's death has really weighed on him. They were extremely close.

One for @Lycan, Nuno Santos has somehow managed to piss coach Lattanzio off so much that he's now sitting on the bench for our academy team, Crown Legacy (yeah, I know, cheesy fuckin' name). I still back your original take on Nuno; he's easily one of the top footballers at the club. Really unsure what the story is there.

Mild updates on the Charlotte side:

We've traded Andre Shinyashiki less than 6 months after giving him a new contract. In return we've got Justin Meram, who is a total one-trick pony of a winger and five years older than Andre. Not sure about this. Rumors, though, that Andre just wanted out of Charlotte because Anton's death has really weighed on him. They were extremely close.

One for @Lycan, Nuno Santos has somehow managed to piss coach Lattanzio off so much that he's now sitting on the bench for our academy team, Crown Legacy (yeah, I know, cheesy fuckin' name). I still back your original take on Nuno; he's easily one of the top footballers at the club. Really unsure what the story is there.
Ah that's a shame, it seemed like his career was just about to take off after a few really impressive loan spells.

Ah that's a shame, it seemed like his career was just about to take off after a few really impressive loan spells.
Lattanzio has big "strict dad" energy so I think he's trying to send Nuno a message. But he's done it in such a heavy-handed way that it won't shock me at all if Nuno is back at a midtable Primeira club in the summer.

He made a really big difference to the side when Lattanzio started playing him toward the tail end of the season. He's clearly good enough for this level, IMO.

Hoo boy, Charlotte are rotten. Tactics, talent, character.

Two utter capitulations in one day. And this one had to come against fucking Wayne Rooney.

Just fuck off with the whole sport thing entirely some days, ya know.

Oh. It was DCU 3 - 0 CLT.

Lemme just give a quick timeline of Lagenzio’s reaction speed:

64’ - Down 1-0, sub winger off for winger (fair)

75’ - Afful with awful defending, bicycle from Benteke, 2-0

81’ - Sub fullback off for central midfielder?? (Note that six minutes have passed since the goal)

90’ - Sub central midfielder off for… a centerback? Making his professional debut??????

And that’s to say nothing of leaving Shit Adama (McKinze Gaines) on the pitch the entire match. Just baffling shit.

My second team Torquay relegated to the National League South. Been coming for the last couple of seasons so no surprise. Gary Johnson still going to keep his job though somehow.

My second team Torquay relegated to the National League South. Been coming for the last couple of seasons so no surprise. Gary Johnson still going to keep his job though somehow.
What’s a manager get paid at that level?

About 40k a year apparently. He was a relatively big appointment at that level (at the time) so wouldn't be surprised if he's on more than that.

Andre Shinyashiki and Nuno Santos' exile from the CLT first team became a little more clear yesterday.

Both players have come under investigation from CMPD (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department) for "forcible rape". Charges have not been filed.

What a fucking night. And with two kids at CB for the most part (and eventually a backline with a kid, a midfielder, and Nathan Byrne as CBs).

3-2 win for the Crown. Also, the media have given us (CLT Supporters) a nickname that makes me think of y'all: The Royal Family. 😂

Last edited:
It's not going to be enough, if Heidenheim win today we can't catch them so it's 3rd place at best. Even allowing for them being massive bottlers then two wins from three for HSV guarantees that spot.

Still been a top effort.

Back