• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

96e6d1707f1ff359343ebb20f3aaefe6.jpeg
e06e20e1c0810b0aa614918987f842cb.png

I think my alma mater may have some explaining to do...
Lol what Italians do best like their food keep it simple but classy

This where my obsession started in 1992 if you were in a family that couldn’t afford sky this was your access to live top level football. Highlights real Saturday morning and live game Sunday lunch. Fair to say I knew more about Serie A than the premier League between 92-1998.
Loved it, James Richardson was/is a great host and was the chance to see my hero Roby Baggio outside of World Cups every 4 years

Loved it, James Richardson was/is a great host and was the chance to see my hero Roby Baggio outside of World Cups every 4 years

Yep always ordered the most amazing coffee or gelato too. Agree on James Richardson should’ve been used far more once Italian coverage stopped. Only thing I didn’t like was the weekly check with the English players out there.

Anything that reminds me of Yosef is alright in my book.
Fairness Al you setting up this thread made me realise how I use to love watching football from abroad and having a soft spot for another club.

Yep always ordered the most amazing coffee or gelato too. Agree on James Richardson should’ve been used far more once Italian coverage stopped. Only thing I didn’t like was the weekly check with the English players out there.
He's still covering Calcio on BT, do you watch? He also did a Gazzetta style piece out in Naples prior to the recent Italy vs England match

Don’t have BT so can’t, always remember his knowledge being ridiculous. I do a lot of internet trawling to keep up to date. Since moving from ee can’t get it on my phone either watch a lot of stuff on YouTube but it’s not the same.

This where my obsession started in 1992 if you were in a family that couldn’t afford sky this was your access to live top level football. Highlights real Saturday morning and live game Sunday lunch. Fair to say I knew more about Serie A than the premier League between 92-1998.

Presuming it went on for a while and it's the right one, I can remember the gooooolazooo noise from my Grandad and Dad watching it on a Saturday morning

Always think that Richardson’s presentation style and moreso knowledge of Serie A in that period is similar to Tim Vickery on South American football now

Yes it was this was just in the era after ITV had the big match and their atrocious match coverage.

Richardson is an excellent host of the BT European round up show rather than watching individual champions league or Europa games. I miss that as I now have the guffawing buffoon Bosnich to endure.

I was in Genoa last week, I saw a lot of support for Genoa but not nearly as much for Sampdoria. Is it just a case of it being a bad season for them (and good season for Genoa) so their fans aren't as visible or are Genoa the more popular club?

I was in Genoa last week, I saw a lot of support for Genoa but not nearly as much for Sampdoria. Is it just a case of it being a bad season for them (and good season for Genoa) so their fans aren't as visible or are Genoa the more popular club?

Probably Genoa are going up and Samp the other way so makes sense.
All Genoa success comes pre WW2 though since then they’ve won nothing both similar size really.

Football Italia was so good. I used to watch it every week.

He does some football podcasts now but I haven’t really listened to them.

It was Serie A was the best league at the time also. Fairness to C4 at the time they found a gap in the market and put a lot of effort into making it worthwhile. As said compare their coverage to ITV the big match just before.

Back