• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

Very, very unlikely that Wolves and St Pauli will face each other in a competitive game. Though I do heartily suggest an annual friendly at Millerntor with one official tour guide who gets all his stuff paid for...

The run in:

Heidenheim (A) (2nd)
Braunschweig (H) (15th)
HSV (A) (3rd)
Bielefeld (H) (14th)
Darmstadt (A) (1st)
Düsseldorf (H) (6th)
Kiel (A) (10th)
Karlsruhe (H) (8th)

It's tough. Just to not have to worry in the slightest about going down is good.

Wolves/Charlotte/St. Pauli pre-season kickabout it is, then. I'll get on the phone with Fuchsy and set it up.

Things your winger probably shouldn't tell the press after just scoring his first goal for any club in over three years: "I feel good about the way I'd been playing".

Well, Kamil, you probably shouldn't, tbh.

Telford had their relegation from National North confirmed last night, embarrassing season

Telford had their relegation from National North confirmed last night, embarrassing season
They've regressed quite a lot from the 80/90s, felt at one time they'd make it into the league proper.

Was before I was even born but how crazy does it seem now that they had Geoff Hurst as their manager! I mean Harry Kane is never going to manage Dagenham after he finishes playing, is he.

I think their heyday was when there was no automatic promotion to the Football League, that era had gone by the time there was. Remember Kidderminster and Kettering always being two that were right up there trying to get in around the early/mid 90s, Kiddy did get in of course (after missing out one year due to some absolute nonsense to do with their ground), Kettering never did and are now homeless, don't even play in Kettering and are miles off that level now.

Was before I was even born but how crazy does it seem now that they had Geoff Hurst as their manager! I mean Harry Kane is never going to manage Dagenham after he finishes playing, is he.

I think their heyday was when there was no automatic promotion to the Football League, that era had gone by the time there was. Remember Kidderminster and Kettering always being two that were right up there trying to get in around the early/mid 90s, Kiddy did get in of course (after missing out one year due to some absolute nonsense to do with their ground), Kettering never did and are now homeless, don't even play in Kettering and are miles off that level now.
Kettering do have a great song though.

One of the worst second half performances I’ve seen in a while as Charlotte went to RSL last night and shipped 3 goals (could have been 8 if not for George Marks in goal), losing 3-1.

Lattanzio has completely lost the plot. We need to get rid immediately.

I’m at Willem II today which is a nice little ground and got a good atmosphere, definitely wouldn’t be against going again!

So the table is now (with 7 games left):

Darmstadt 58
Hamburg 53
---------------
Heidenheim 51
-----------------
St Pauli 47
Düsseldorf 44
Paderborn 43

Remaining games:

Braunschweig (H) (15th)
Hamburg (A) (2nd)
Bielefeld (H) (14th)
Darmstadt (A) (1st)
Düsseldorf (H) (5th)
Kiel (A) (8th)
Karlsruhe (H) (9th)

Anything is possible. The run is just unbelievable.

Blurry crowd shot, that’s the total away support for Dukla Prague against top of the table Viagem Pribram yesterday, looks like it’s not changed much since I followed them.
IMG_0714.jpeg

Probably all aware my Italian soft spot Sampdoria are having a truly horrendous season and have even managed to drop to bottom of the league on 15 points below Cremonese. Only managed 18 goals in 29 conceding 50.
To make things worse looks like Genoa are going up from Serie B.
Harry Winks has by all accounts proven to be what we all thought very average.

What's gone on there? I thought Samp were generally in and around the top half.

owner Massimo Ferroro is about at corrupt as you can get and filed for bankruptcy still has a stake in the club. Has refused numerous offers to sell to.
Debts they recon are somewhere around €150million. Playing squad has taken a hit and wages are intermittent apparently basically an absolute basket case of a club.

To add average attendance is about 20k mark and tv revenue is less than half what the bottom PL club would get.
Put it this way if Samp were your pet dog and you took it to the vet it would be put down.

Mixed weekend for MDT.

Good Friday - Standard shit and lost 6-1 away
Easter Monday - In your face Lichfield - A 1-0 victory

Quiet whispers that Tepper may have reached out to @Johnny75’s favorite American manager to replace Christian Lattanzio if Charlotte bungle tonight’s match, at home against Colorado.

I note HSV lost so if St Pauli win tomorrow they are only three points back going into the Derby

Sampdoria road to serie B continues at Lecce today who themselves badly need points.

Back