• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

@Alan

You going to the game tonight? I am thinking about it if I can find someone to watch my dog haha.

I've got a little bit of a stress flu after all the shit that happened last week (layoffs, the shooting, other work crap, a few other things I don't need to elaborate on), so I'm catching it on Apple TV this time.

Shame as Montréal are crap away from home; hopefully 3 points coming for the Crown.

I've got a little bit of a stress flu after all the shit that happened last week (layoffs, the shooting, other work crap, a few other things I don't need to elaborate on), so I'm catching it on Apple TV this time.

Shame as Montréal are crap away from home; hopefully 3 points coming for the Crown.
I didn't end up going either friend, but we didn't miss much. Boring 0-0 draw though their GK did make some good saves. Is that how you saw it?

It's certainly frustrating that Swiderski is basically a deluxe version of Podence.

More thoughts to come later as the shift to a (more or less) straight 3-2-3-2 rather than the hybrid we had been playing is wild from Lattanzio. So wild that I have to begrudgingly respect it.

I’m not a Pod fan but saying a player for a below average MLS team is a ‘deluxe’ Pod is a tad unlikely

I’m not a Pod fan but saying a player for a below average MLS team is a ‘deluxe’ Pod is a tad unlikely
It's the decision-making thing again. Like Pod, Karol is seemingly addicted to trying to make everything 5x fancier than it needs to be.

Obviously there's an MLS-sized grain of salt to be taken here, but Karol just makes the flicks and shit work out more often than Podence does. Karol also doesn't fall on his ass multiple times per match trying to uselessly Cruyff Turn.

It's the decision-making thing again. Like Pod, Karol is seemingly addicted to trying to make everything 5x fancier than it needs to be.

Obviously there's an MLS-sized grain of salt to be taken here, but Karol just makes the flicks and shit work out more often than Podence does. Karol also doesn't fall on his ass multiple times per match trying to uselessly Cruyff Turn.
Easier to make things work if the quality of defenders is much lower.

My guess is Karol wouldn't get a game in a Championship team so the comparison is daft, and to call him 'deluxe' 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If you still think MLS is below the Championship it's just showing up your own ignorance, really.

If you still think MLS is below the Championship it's just showing up your own ignorance, really.
Having watched some this season I would say most is and the some on a par.

I imagine you haven't watched many championship or Lg1 games.

For example, Burnley would batter every team in the MLS with some ease.

If Podence somehow moved to a Championship club (wouldn't happen for a variety of reasons) then he'd immediately be one of the top five players in the league.

If Podence somehow moved to a Championship club (wouldn't happen for a variety of reasons) then he'd immediately be one of the top five players in the league.
I don't know about top 5 but he'd certainly be better at that level.

I think Karol is generally the smarter player, though, and that counts for a lot, IMO.

I have gotten into this argument so many times to count. MLS is probably of lower midtable Championship quality overall with some very quality players mixed throughout the league I can admit that. The team who won it this past season(LAFC) would prob get relegated from the Prem sure, but would imo comfortably be safe in the Championship.

As someone who has been following it since its inception in the 90's, it is tons better than it used to be I promise you. Key will be to get some younger talent versus getting guys in their later years and that will really give the league more of a boon. However, due to the DP and salary cap rules the league has, changing that is gonna be hard to do.

Categorically not arguing that MLS is equal to the Premier League, to be clear.

May not come as a surprise given the slow updates, but Charlotte are managing to suck all of the joy out of the game because we could score 6 in the first half and still drop points by the end. Every lead we manage feels inevitably temporary.

Coughed up even more points yesterday, wasting two brilliant finishes from Swiderski. Winless in our last seven now, 4th worst points haul from home matches in the league, and a continued insistence from Lattanzio that this ridiculous CFG tactical style is the right way to go about things, despite it ruining our defensive record and putting all of our veterans in positions they can scarcely play. It’s infuriating.

Latty Daddy is doing a Deano imitation...

"We are in a difficult moment in this club and I think that we are heading in the right direction in the sense that we play toe-to-toe against everybody. I am the first one to be frustrated when I'm in front and want to win, but at the same time, we don't get embarrassed on a weekly basis. We play against the team that is top of the MLS, we are two-nil up. We are all disappointed here like we lost five-nil at home and we drew."

If the argument is "well, we didn't lose 0-5", you're grasping at straws, homie.

That's Will Palaszczuk! He's actually quite decent, but his goal calls are peak meme. Whatever you think of them, you can't say they aren't recognizable!

He's on our radio calls with an English lady named Jessica Charman.

Back