• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

MDT already close to last seasons point haul after just 2 games

Drew 1-1 on Saturday
Won 2-0 tonight.

Sometimes there's only one direction you can go. 😂

I've said before that Kristijan Kahlina and Jose Sá are basically the same keeper. But for about 10 minutes last night, Kahlina was in a zone Sá I don't think can even dream of being in. Highlights don't show it, but all three Cruz Azul misses in the shootout were saves by Kahlina.

Somehow, someway, in this most bizarre and occasionally tragic of seasons, Charlotte FC have found a way to take down one of Los Cuatro Grandes (The Big Four; Cruz Azul, Guadalajara, Pumas, and América).

What a fucking ride. Even Nathan Byrne had his blushes spared. For all the frustration, what an achievement by this group of guys. Onto the Round of 16 and a (theoretically) easier opponent in Houston Dynamo.

Side note: it was over 100F on the pitch at kickoff!

Side note 2: was Arfield ever known as particularly skillful? I always thought he was your typical Burnley grafter but the commentary over here is constantly going on about how he's a flair player.

Last edited:
Double draws in die Hansestadt this weekend.

0-0 for St Pauli at home to Düsseldorf, 2-2 for HSV at Karlsruhe. Inexplicable footballer Glatzel scored again somehow.

CLT are into the Leagues' Cup Quarterfinals!

Feels a bit weird given how, uh, fraught things are at Wolves, but...

Charlotte have somehow figured out how to knuckle down and get a tight win? I don't fully understand what's happening at the moment; we're still playing the wild CFG system, we're still playing an Academy kid at the #6/#4 position, we're still playing Nathan Byrne... And yet we've started doing just enough defensively, we're making the turnovers we create high up the pitch pay dividends more regularly... It's all looking okay. I still don't trust it to last, but hey, long may it surprise me.

Our reward? A date with Messi in Miami. He's yet to score less than 2 goals in a start for the Herons. He may well get 9 by himself on Friday, depending on which version of our defense shows up. Nathan Byrne man-marking Lionel fuckin' Messi. 😬

Ah well, the Cup run was good while it lasted...

I want to give Lattanzio the same good vibes I’m sending to O’Neil, but any time we play side even half decent we look totally out of our depth.

So upsetting to see Malanda’s regression this year, too. Obviously the loss of Anton will have had more of an impact on him than most but I really thought he was too good for this league based on how he performed last year.

We’re not a part of CFG and we don’t need to try and play like them.

Reactions: b3h
Market Drayton Town now just 1 win away from beating their points total from last season.
Only played 4 games

What's their head coach like?
Seems decent

When he came in towards the end of last season he essentially ripped up the way they had been working for years in trying to get experienced players in but all they did was turn out for a few games, think this is shit and fucked off and the cycle started again.
Going down the local and youth route as the main target player and of course got the new reserve/youth team set up (who seem to be managed by a 14 year old ..).
Think his ultimate goal is get a MDT player or 2 snapped up by local league or high up non league club to show the younger players around here there is a route in the game for them if they join.

Certainly stabilised the club and got them on the right track after 3 or 4 of proper shite.

Seems decent

When he came in towards the end of last season he essentially ripped up the way they had been working for years in trying to get experienced players in but all they did was turn out for a few games, think this is shit and fucked off and the cycle started again.
Going down the local and youth route as the main target player and of course got the new reserve/youth team set up (who seem to be managed by a 14 year old ..).
Think his ultimate goal is get a MDT player or 2 snapped up by local league or high up non league club to show the younger players around here there is a route in the game for them if they join.

Certainly stabilised the club and got them on the right track after 3 or 4 of proper shite.
Does he have a link with MD juniors? (If they're still going) they always seemed a good little club when my lads were playing in the Telford Junior league.

The Tigers (I think!) are still linked with the club. With the creation of AFC MD they now have a route to the club.

It's all very much about bringing the kids through now and pushing the club back towards the community.

At some point though the Football, Rugby and Tennis clubs who use Greenfields will be moved on. All the land around it now sold for housing and Shropshire Council will sell the bit the grounds are on as soon as new location is found.

The Tigers (I think!) are still linked with the club. With the creation of AFC MD they now have a route to the club.

It's all very much about bringing the kids through now and pushing the club back towards the community.

At some point though the Football, Rugby and Tennis clubs who use Greenfields will be moved on. All the land around it now sold for housing and Shropshire Council will sell the bit the grounds are on as soon as new location is found.
That's good to hear, not the Greenfields bit though, spent many good Sunday mornings there and their summer 5 a side tournaments.
Hopefully there is a plan to rehome all the sports teams in the area.

Nothing much been said on it recently bar it will cost around £6m to do the move.
I can imagine something being put at Tern Hill though as the RAF base disappears in 2 years time and a lot of land available there. Edit. Start moving in 2025 and completely gone by 2029.

I am annoyed at all the house being built around the site as that was where I took the dogs for their morning walk. The bastards.

Last edited:
Things back to normal as MDT lose 3-0.

Season ticket holder at Malaga.
Real soft spots for Rangers and Hearts, more so Rangers

MDT with another win and go top of the league.
4-0 v Abbey Hey who started the day as league leaders.

Screenshot_20230826_213625_X.jpg

Back