• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

Rashford comes on and runs into a dead end. In other amazingly shocking news Hoddle is still an idiotic twat.

Been saying for a while Loftus-Cheek is a talented lad. Been head & shoulders above anyone else in an England shirt tonight. Not that it'll make the slightest bit of difference when Southgate has the other lads back from injury.

I was kinda hoping he would have been caught up in some sort of scandal, possibly involving a goat, and have got the boot from itv.

Wouldn't have been enough for ITV - a threesome to include a sheep as well & streamed on Facebook might have done it though

The back three has played well overall. Stones in particular I would say has been impressive. I would be keeping Loftus-Cheek and Abraham in the squad for definite. And I'm interested to see solanke play if he gets an opportunity. It's a shame he isn't playing more often at the moment.

I thought Abraham was really poor tbh. RLC has clear ability but he does bugger all defensively so he can't play in CM, and he doesn't look like scoring or actually creating enough to be a number 10. All his nice bits of play come in inconsequential areas.

We've been ok though on another day we'd have conceded three before half time and it's game over. Our best performance under Southgate but that's a really low bar.

Stones is an absolute player, can't believe he had so many doubters. Glad Loftus-Cheek is finally getting a chance i just hope him being held back by Chelsea will not stop him reaching close to his potential. We have actually got the makings of a good side and one with a bit of depth but can Southgate get them to be one.

Sweden-Italy 1-0..great match, great opportunity..and finally thank you to Janne Andersson for building a team without Zlatan..will be tough in San Siro, they have Verratti suspended now though..crucial to keep a clean sheet.. :)

I thought Abraham was really poor tbh. RLC has clear ability but he does bugger all defensively so he can't play in CM, and he doesn't look like scoring or actually creating enough to be a number 10. All his nice bits of play come in inconsequential areas.

We've been ok though on another day we'd have conceded three before half time and it's game over. Our best performance under Southgate but that's a really low bar.

I thought he was OK. Got into some decent positions, or would do a good bit of play then make a poor pass. Definitely worth persevering with as one of the back up forwards in the squad I think.

Loftus-Cheek one of those players you need the right system for, but then Alli is similar in that respect I find.

Sweden-Italy 1-0..great match, great opportunity..and finally thank you to Janne Andersson for building a team without Zlatan..will be tough in San Siro, they have Verratti suspended now though..crucial to keep a clean sheet.. :)

Pleased for you Fred. I hope that you can do the business in Italy.

Kane
Rashford
Vardy

They're all obviously going to go. Fourth choice striker isn't likely to play much and you aren't really going to take five...I'd rather have Abraham than Sturridge purely because the latter boils my piss but there are others who will challenge. If Carroll ever got himself fit then I reckon Southgate would go for him.

Lingard, Cork and Livermore should be no where near the England team, the rest were ok - thought Abraham looked pretty decent, not keen on Vardy or Rashford - if he played for any other team than utd he wouldn't have a chance of playing for England.

As 0-0 go that wasn’t to bad, stand outs were L Cheek, Maguire and Pickford.
Good effort overall from what was a 2nd string. Have to say not picking on Livermore because he plays for Albion but he is so wasteful in possession.

I don't really think 3-5-2 is right for us but if we do stick to that:

---------------------Butland/Pickford------------------------

-----------Stones-------Jones-------Cahill*-----------------

Walker--------------------------------------------------Bertrand

-------------------------Dier--------------------------------

------------------Alli-----------Lallana------------------------

----------------Kane-----------Rashford-------------------------

I don't see where Sterling fits into this formation at all. Option of taking Lallana out and putting in a deeper CM alongside Dier depending on opposition.

*I despise Cahill but he is obviously going to play

Hart and Henderson can fuck off for good.

Lingard, Cork and Livermore should be no where near the England team, the rest were ok - thought Abraham looked pretty decent, not keen on Vardy or Rashford - if he played for any other team than utd he wouldn't have a chance of playing for England.

I disagree about Rashford. Vardy is ok for me but he'll never get the space to run into and be effective in 9 out of 10 international games.

I disagree about Rashford. Vardy is ok for me but he'll never get the space to run into and be effective in 9 out of 10 international games.

I know it's just me with Rashford, but I just don't get it - he just runs in to dead-ends or players and loses the ball. Occasionally he whacks it and scores.

Vardy is ok, but he's not an international class striker, he does have more pace than Kane though.

That's the best I've seen England play in a long time (saying that I missed the first 30 minutes). Much better than the usual dross we get.

Very impressed with Trippier, he's first choice RB for me. He put over a couple of glorious crosses - one of which vardy has to be burying.

Maguire looked decent too, better than when we played Leicester. He's good with the ball at his feet and can pass.

I didn't think Abraham was given much service but he did fashion a great chance for himself which got deflected wide.

Pickford looks way more assured in goal than Hart has in a longtime.

RLC looked like a footballer, good when he's being tightly marked.

Livermore was average, which is ok considering he shouldn't really be in the team but at least he looked like he was arsed by it and was committed in his play

Stones needs ball players around him, I'm not sure Cahill or Jones (shudder) will allow us to get the most out of him.

I think a few who played tonight have done themselves no harm at all in getting into contention

Back