• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

Wouldn’t mind but Denmark other than Erikksen are a poor side, Ireland could have caused a lot of problems if they were a bit more positive.

Terrible, terrible match. Ireland just randomly booting the ball to nowhere for 90 minutes and Denmark with no ideas beyond "give to Eriksen and erm...we'll sort the rest out later".

That was painful one side showing a lack of quality with another showing zero ambition to create anything. As I’ve said 0-0 away from home with away goals rule isn’t the great result it’s made out to be.
Pressure is all on Ireland now any early goal from Denmark and you can’t see where Ireland are getting 2 goals from.

Job done as far as O'Neill is concerned. Probably be the same in the second leg. Randolph Ireland's best player.
Denmark had a plan in the first half targeting Christie and O'Dowda, which worked to an extent. Kvisto (not sure on spelling) should have scored first half when he put the ball wide. My money would be on ireland in the second leg. Long to score on the break. First goal in 29 games :)

That was painful one side showing a lack of quality with another showing zero ambition to create anything. As I’ve said 0-0 away from home with away goals rule isn’t the great result it’s made out to be.
Pressure is all on Ireland now any early goal from Denmark and you can’t see where Ireland are getting 2 goals from.

Agree with this, a score draw puts Denmark through

Bored them to death.
To be honest can see tuesday night being the same 0-0 for 120 minutes then penalties, two poor enough sides.

Could understand if Ireland had been playing Italy or Croatia but Denmark are a poor side, not saying they should have gone all out but they certainly could have created far more than they did.

That was up there with the fabled Stoke 0-0.

I love how Doyler is overly positive after watching that game on Sky

That was up there with the fabled Stoke 0-0.

I nearly said exactly that.
Cost me £300 to fly over with my lad, go to the game and stay over, go on the beer and fly back. Bargain except for the 'football'.

End of the day if Ireland win Tuesday tonight’s affair will be forgotten. What is it with members of the English media that they always have to say nice things about Ireland and give them praise. Almost certain if England had put in a similar display against a side of similar quality to ours they’d be crucified.

Poor game, Denmark will score in the return leg though so they will go to the WC..

Tactically I am OK with Eire going for a point, a clean sheet and coming away with it. Not a great game but who cares if you achieve your intended outcome? O Neil said he fully expects Denmark to score so a 2_1 is what he is going for. Let's see if he gets it!

Well if he fully expects Denmark to score in Dublin why on earth wasn’t he a bit more positive last night biggest key in these games is not conceding at home.

2 very poor sides and a shockingly poor game of football.

I really want Ireland to do it but I'd hope they change their mentality if they did qualify.

I'd rather watch cricket than turgid crap like last night on a regular basis.

It was still better than the Blackburn game last season though.

Back