• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

Managed to see some extended highlights this morning, and as for the Rooney debate, he answered it himself, old, slow and using up a vital space in midfield with a queue of more deserving and far more exciting players champing at the bit.

He slowed so many plays down i'm surpised he wasn't playing on the pitch in an armchair.

Come on Gareth be the honest one and tell him the truth.

Unfortunately there's more chance of him ringing me up to play than that happening. Sometimes it looks like footballers, managers and all the TV pundits are in The fucking Masons as only they, and they alone, see something us mere mortals are oblivious to.

And if the reason for the shite served up in the second half was ,as some pundit said, "they sub consciously turned off knowing game was won and saving themselves for Tuesday" - I hope it comes back and bites them straight in the bollocks
It

So how do England resolve the Rooney situation? I can't see him being dropped by Southgate, but is he holding back other players?

He isn't anything like the best available option in any of the positions he can allegedly play (I don't think he can play in central midfield at all to any real effect, but that's just my opinion) so he shouldn't be in the team, simple as that really. It won't matter in the qualifiers, we'll win this group easily.

He isn't anything like the best available option in any of the positions he can allegedly play (I don't think he can play in central midfield at all to any real effect, but that's just my opinion) so he shouldn't be in the team, simple as that really. It won't matter in the qualifiers, we'll win this group easily.

Agreed, but what happens when we play better teams in Russia?

Dave Edwards replaces the injured Joe Allen and starts for Wales tonight

Any reason why Wales cant move back to the Millennium. Surely the success of the Euro's would mean extra bums on seats..

Any reason why Wales cant move back to the Millennium. Surely the success of the Euro's would mean extra bums on seats..

My opinion after living in Wales for five years or so,dealing with the public and hearing the chat on buses is Wales isn't a football nation,it's the egg chasing six nations that gets em excited,and beer

If you mean we are a nation where rugby is our national sport, you are correct. However, the improvement in the kissball team is beginning to bring crowds in.

Correct me if you think Im wrong. The Welsh team these days are successful is the fact that the best players they have today (Bale, Ramsey) are playing in every game including friendlies. In recent years the likes of Hughes, Rush, Saunders and especially Giggs didnt bother with non competitive games which was one of the main reasons Wales never did any good.

Wales still wouldn't get near selling out the Millennium, better to have a full 30k ground than 50k in a 75k ground.

That is absolutely correct with regard to Giggs. Less so with Rush and Saunders as I remember, and Hughes I think turned out pretty much all the time.

Disappointing from Wales tonight. Very disappointing. Lucky to get a point really.

Very poor result given how tough the group promises to be.

I know he changed the formation towards the end but he needs to stop being so rigid, especially now Wales are more fancied and teams will come to Cardiff happy with a point. Starting with five at the back at home to the likes of Moldova and Georgia is just daft.

Disappointing from Wales tonight. Very disappointing. Lucky to get a point really.

First 20 mins were a stroll in the park. Dominated and it looked like an easy 3 or 4-0 win was on the cards. Clearly the team thought that and the only time they threatened was after the equaliser. Hennessy saving the blushes.

Might be a little wake up call for Wales that will do them good. Everything has been brilliant for the team since June, so something early on to remind them, despite all that you still have to earn the wins against the lesser teams, they aren't handed to you on a plate just because you are now in the Top 10.

Back