• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

Deadly Dave pulling no punches on the Beeb....

"Definitely two points dropped for Wales, who were all over the place at times," says midfielder Dave Edwards.

Strong words from the Wolves man. Full quotes to comes.

He basically said they were shit for a big part of the game and got lucky in the end.

First 20 mins were a stroll in the park. Dominated and it looked like an easy 3 or 4-0 win was on the cards. Clearly the team thought that and the only time they threatened was after the equaliser. Hennessy saving the blushes.

Might be a little wake up call for Wales that will do them good. Everything has been brilliant for the team since June, so something early on to remind them, despite all that you still have to earn the wins against the lesser teams, they aren't handed to you on a plate just because you are now in the Top 10.

Fair points made, but the top ten ranking means nothing. You have to produce the goods against whoever you play, and sadly tonight Wales were not at their best.

True, but Austria are losing in Serbia so all is not lost.

Absolutely, I think Wales have a good chance of qualifying. I just felt that this evening they let their Euro success get to their heads, and thought they only had to turn up to win.

It was poor, undoubtedly. Looks like it has been a great night for Ireland in that group so far.

A long way to go Paddy, I just hope Wales do not regret the dropped points tonight. And for what it is worth I think they will be fine.

It was poor, undoubtedly. Looks like it has been a great night for Ireland in that group so far.

Well we got there in the end, made harder work then we should have, imagine our shock when we found out that a defence with Shane Duffy and Ciaran Clarke at its centre could drop a ricket...

We were lucky against Georgia and Wales wont be the last side they will take points off (especially at home), long way to go but Serbia I think are starting to look good, last 2 results Georgia away and Austria at home are the most important so far in the group. Dont think Ireland will make it, not good enough and a side is aging with apart from Artur nothing in fresh players who can make a difference to come in.

Well we got there in the end, made harder work then we should have, imagine our shock when we found out that a defence with Shane Duffy and Ciaran Clarke at its centre could drop a ricket...

We were lucky against Georgia and Wales wont be the last side they will take points off (especially at home), long way to go but Serbia I think are starting to look good, last 2 results Georgia away and Austria at home are the most important so far in the group. Dont think Ireland will make it, not good enough and a side is aging with apart from Artur nothing in fresh players who can make a difference to come in.

I kinda like Clark, think he's shown some good signs. Duffy is just fooking cack though.

Really don't know why but I've put the England game on...

Trademark glaring missed chance for Sturridge already.

Sturridge Bingo already.

- Wasted clear chance
- Shot from 30+ yards out miles over the bar
- Bollocks little flick
- Shocking dive

Haven't seen Spurs this season but how has Alli played? Looking terrible so far continuing from the Euros

Back