• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road To Germany 2024

I’m actually very happy with that squad, we know our weaknesses. I think we trump everyone on a midfield and attacking sense but fall down a bit with our defence.
Biggest concern is Southgate not playing Foden central behind Kane where he’s best.
Teams don’t win tournaments 3-2 in every game it’s often tight 1-0 wins here and there which I’m not to sure we can do.
In all fairness I think the rest of Europe don’t want to meet us.

I'd have taken Mitchell although a 5th Palace player in the squad would be mind-boggling. Shaw unlikely to make the cut, Gomez offers nothing going forwards and Trippier has been a bombscare this season on his favoured side let alone moving him over

Last edited:
Foden would be absolutely fine with being LW on paper if we could rely on Shaw to be fit who can hold the width there whilst Foden can drift into the pockets.

Given that it sounds like he's not going to make it, you're getting very stodgy with Trippier or Gomez. I'd probably prefer Gomez given that he's at least played there a lot this season and he could sit in to form a three with Maguire and Stones - which could open up the option of Bellingham dropping next to Rice, Foden into #10 and Gordon/Grealish at LW. You wouldn't be too far off (in shape only) how City obliterated everyone at the end of 22-23.

I’m actually very happy with that squad, we know our weaknesses. I think we trump everyone on a midfield and attacking sense but fall down a bit with our defence.
Biggest concern is Southgate not playing Foden central behind Kane where he’s best.
Teams don’t win tournaments 3-2 in every game it’s often tight 1-0 wins here and there which I’m not to sure we can do.
In all fairness I think the rest of Europe don’t want to meet us.
Thing is, that's where Bellingham is best too.

1000050121.jpg

I'd still go with this. As the defence is vulnerable I think Rice and Mainoo are ideal leaving the front 4 to be quite free.

lineup.png

I'd be fascinated to see if we ever try something like this when we're in possession - its the only way I can think of where you can play Foden and Bellingham as actual #10s. You're asking a lot of Saka/Grealish/Gordon in wide areas, but if you nail it, you've got threat everywhere and a block that's very hard to break.

Urgh.

The BBC used to be innovative with their panels but this is a nonsense.

Wayne Rooney joins BBC’s Euro 2024 team as ITV signs up Ange Postecoglou​

Sean Ingle
Wed 22 May 2024 15.55 BST

The BBC has spiced up its coverage of the sporting summer by signing Wayne Rooney as a pundit for Euro 2024.
Rooney will be joined in Germany by former England teammates Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand and Joe Hart – as well as Cesc Fabregas, David Moyes and the Brentford manager Thomas Frank.

ITV, meanwhile, has announced the Tottenham manager, Ange Postecoglou, will be part of a team of pundits including Gary Neville, Roy Keane, Ian Wright and Graeme Souness in Germany next month.

Urgh.

The BBC used to be innovative with their panels but this is a nonsense.

Wayne Rooney joins BBC’s Euro 2024 team as ITV signs up Ange Postecoglou​

Sean Ingle
Wed 22 May 2024 15.55 BST

The BBC has spiced up its coverage of the sporting summer by signing Wayne Rooney as a pundit for Euro 2024.
Rooney will be joined in Germany by former England teammates Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand and Joe Hart – as well as Cesc Fabregas, David Moyes and the Brentford manager Thomas Frank.

ITV, meanwhile, has announced the Tottenham manager, Ange Postecoglou, will be part of a team of pundits including Gary Neville, Roy Keane, Ian Wright and Graeme Souness in Germany next month.
Rooney 🤡 Ian Wright 😂 Sourness 😡 Neville 🤮 postecoglou 😴

'"Ange" is probably the most interesting of the bunch, the rest is just same old same old.

How is Souness still getting a gig? Very rarely has anything interesting to say.

Love Wrighty as a bloke. but think he usually talks in platitudes
Tbh I think they all do, I only really pay much attention when it's Shearer and/or Wright, all the rest are just white noise when I'm watching football.

Much rather G Neville did co-comms on England games

Ah Wharton for maguire for stones too.

Back