• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Race For The Top Four

Arsenal have an effective 6 point lead on us. So failing to beat them would probably render then uncatchable.

Just make sure we finish ahead of West Ham and anything else is a bonus

Top 4 is miles away . With some fair winds 7th is up for grabs . Let’s see what this week brings first.

Oh fucking hell it really isn’t. Beat Leicester and Arsenal and it’s on. A tough ask obviously but stop posting this shit just so you can go I told you so. It’s fucking boring.
Let’s chat come April . Yawn
You need to cool your jets . Just cause I don’t see it yet doesn’t mean I am looking to point score. Just be civil or don’t post . This week is a big week .
If you do want to be civil I would love to hear why you think that top 4 is on when most agree it’s not . Or could you just be responding to the poster not the post?

Why top 4 is possible - we have a top 4 defence - no team in the league has conceded fewer. Plus Neves and Moutinho are arguably the best midfield duo outside of the top 3.

Why it is not possible - we have a bottom 4 goal-scoring record. Only Burnley and Norwich have scored fewer. Unless we start scoring every game we will not make 4th.

Football is supposed to be about fun, it's supposed to be about enjoying the good times and dreaming for even better ones. As per my post towards the start of the thread I think we'll finish 8th, but why not hope, why not dream? Nobody, but nobody is suggesting we will finish in the Top 4, but there is a slight chance we could, there is no harm in discussing that and dreaming together.

Why top 4 is possible - we have a top 4 defence - no team in the league has conceded fewer. Plus Neves and Moutinho are arguably the best midfield duo outside of the top 3.

Why it is not possible - we have a bottom 4 goal-scoring record. Only Burnley and Norwich have scored fewer. Unless we start scoring every game we will not make 4th.
Scored 8 in our last 5 and conceded 3.

We've noticeably improved in our chance creation and our press is higher intensity earlier in the game.

I think we will finish 7th. I’d be disappointed with 8th.

We may be lucky to be where we are but it doesn’t matter, we are there. So with injured players coming back, the continued improvement of RAN and Kilman,hopefully some actual output from Podence, Trincao, Fabio, Chiquinho and more from Raul, Bruno improving himself and the team better at implementing his ideas then we should improve performances.

That should see us overcome West Ham. For us to go past anyone else I’d imagine it would have to be more down to them failing rather than what we done, unless we start going at like 1.8 PPG

Scored 8 in our last 5 and conceded 3.

We've noticeably improved in our chance creation and our press is higher intensity earlier in the game.
I’m not so sure we actually have improved our chance creation tbf just had shots go in at the right times which isn’t to be sniffed at. I’m not sure how sustainable our performances are but I’m enjoying them while the results go our way.

Also, good little interview with Bruno. I like his leadership style https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...lage-happy-to-have-brother-assist-wolves-rise

Reactions: jlo
Last six games we have been going at over 2ppg
And the six before that we went at 1.33ppg 🤷🏻‍♂️

1.61 on the season, which I feel is a slightly higher than it possibly should be. But as I said, it is that so it doesn’t matter.

Balance of probabilities says we arent going at over 2ppg for the rest of the season which is what we would need to finish in the top 4 I imagine. And I doubt we’d go at the c. 1.9ppg we’d need to trouble the top 6, but should be somehere in between 1.6 and 1.9 that sees us finish above West Ham.

15 left I think. So 2 gets us to 67. That should comfortably make 4th this year. I want us to try and post our best total so something in the 60s. That should get us European action of some form.

If we get 57-60 I’d be pleased and impressed considering my expectations at the start of the season and the options Bruno has had until now. We’re currently on for 61 on overall PPG. From the sixth game in we’re on for nearer 65 which I’d be ecstatic at.

next three games tell us a lot anyway I think.

I’m not so sure we actually have improved our chance creation tbf just had shots go in at the right times which isn’t to be sniffed at. I’m not sure how sustainable our performances are but I’m enjoying them while the results go our way.

Also, good little interview with Bruno. I like his leadership style https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...lage-happy-to-have-brother-assist-wolves-rise
It's a definite uptick in chance creation.

94 SCA in the last 5 games. 105 SCA in the previous 10. Our first 4 games generated over 100 but sadly only 2 goals.

I agree with you on the finishing improving, that still needs work imo.

15 left I think. So 2 gets us to 67. That should comfortably make 4th this year. I want us to try and post our best total so something in the 60s. That should get us European action of some form.
Arsenal are on track for 70 and have a better GD.

Sorry, Johnny, SCA?

Back