• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Oscillating Wildly Thread

Saw that one earlier, but wasn't going to put it up - trying to hard to be funny & no real great insight (& not proof read properly)

Not a patch on the Blog this thread extolls - good read again Dan

Yep, without any obvious bias, Oscillating Wildly is the best Wolves blog out there atm. Good insights, balanced and a bit of humour.

Well I can't really comment on how good the content of it was as it was too much of a challenge to read. The small bits I did read it appears he needs to laugh off the substance abuse.

Well I can't really comment on how good the content of it was as it was too much of a challenge to read. The small bits I did read it appears he needs to laugh off the substance abuse.

I'm sorry, but what ????

I'm sorry, but what ????

Not Dans blog, the other one that has been linked with the guy talking about buying "bog paper"... Not sure I laughed once and it was a real struggle to read through

While we're on the subject of blogs, have any of you read this one - https://southbankresistance.wordpress.com/2017/09/05/gary-mastic-and-poundstretcher-football/amp/

I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Sometimes I think it's quite good and then he mis-spells Sako's name and I wonder if it's all a wind up.

I thought it was quite good to be honest, the way he portrays the fans desperate for signings was very good and how some fans seemingly just want A signing on deadline day rather than the right one.

He seems to encapsulate what it means to be a fan in amongst the rest of life and how being rational at the moment means you have to explain that Fosun are doing a good job and haven't failed because we didn't sign a striker.

Count the times Neves gets in Millwall's box on Saturday...

I do think you can class it as a 7/3 split at the moment between defensive/attacking players (broadly speaking, anyway) and that's too much. Maybe he'll work it out, maybe he'll change it depending on the opposition, maybe it'll sort itself out and I'm concerned about nothing. We haven't exactly overworked the keeper so far though in any of our home games, you can count Yeovil in that as well.

Overall I'm happy with how we're doing and I like Nuno's ideals. I wouldn't say I'm 100% sold though. Plus I have about 15 years of slagging off three at the back on the Internet to defend.

We could and should have had 5 or 6 against Derby.

Derby were at home though and have designs on the top six. Millwall are not going to play that way on Saturday.

Derby were at home though and have designs on the top six. Millwall are not going to play that way on Saturday.

My worry exactly we play away at home. I'm sure that Nuno will start to change emphasis when he thinks that the defending is sorted. It has improved since we created very little against Boro and Yeovil (reserves mostly I know) but the system dictates. On the plus side you can tell we have a system now as under the previous managers we had a system on paper but no real style of play.

It should. Although he did do some good work on the pitch too, he made me feel better about my own footballing abilities.

Good luck Dan, it's good that you put yourself out there, and I enjoy your writing.

You're a good guy - keep the work (writing, exercising and keeping on keeping on) going.

Agree with PQ! And it's good that you are aware of those things that you know you can keep getting better with - like being able to take praise better!!

Keep looking forwards :)

As always, an interesting read DW, whether it's football related or on a personal note. Just keep doing what you are doing as its obviously going in the right direction and going forward. Thanks for sharing that piece, gives us an insight as to what it can be like for people with depression.

Keep talking about it, keep writing, and wishing you all the best DW.

Nice touch with the bluestones reference,that's the stage I'm currently at,weights just piled on since my bike ride(had I mentioned I rode across 12 countries?) and I've got back into bus driving,and I'm currently at the can't be arsed stage,not great for my next bike ride.
As always a good read,don't know if it's therapeutic for you to write the personal ones,but it's nice(horrible word but you know what I mean) to see which obscure britpop indie band get referenced

As always, an interesting read DW, whether it's football related or on a personal note. Just keep doing what you are doing as its obviously going in the right direction and going forward. Thanks for sharing that piece, gives us an insight as to what it can be like for people with depression.

Keep talking about it, keep writing, and wishing you all the best DW.

Here here - I read your "stuff" and think to myself "kin hell I could never put words together like that".

Couple of comments DW if I may...

Point 1 that you raise - this is symptomatic of modern culture in many was. I work with people with MH difficulties, and one of the initial discussions I have with them is that they are now on a journey. There is no switch that can be flicked that makes stuff go "back to normal" or how things were pre-diagnosis. The difficulty is that in modern life we expect and anticipate immediate solutions. In reality, this rarely happens.

On point 5, I think this is along the lines of things I've said to you & posted here. I'm not clinically trained, & thus am not an expert, however when working with people we discuss adapting to this & their diagnosis being the new "them". It is then a case of learning and developing the abilities and support network to live with their condition. It's not easy, and there will be downturns, but also the possibility of significant highs, and developments. If a cure appears - bonus.

It's a process and a journey. Certainly it is one you're more than capable of making a success of.

Dan - so much of this blog resonates - just started on the happy pills myself after chronic anxiety, almost certainly due to a perfectionist mentality - as with you, the ability to accept praise, to have a glass half full, and to ignore the harsh inner critic, just seem beyond me.

That said, there is a lot of evidence of the ability to change, through neuroplasticity, so we may never be happy-go-lucky, but can make a shift in the right direction.

As for your writing, your articles are always knowledgable and humorous, and knock the spots off any Wolves coverage in the mainstream press and media.

Take care of yourself.

Back