• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

What a player. Slack from Russia but that's a fabulous strike.

Russia are awful. How did England not hammer them?

Russia are awful. How did England not hammer them?

Trying to be a bit more offensive in this game (assume they thought they could win) compared to against England where they sat deep and defended for 90 minutes. To be fair, the two goals they've conceded - one was a long ball over the top behind their defence - which England couldn't do because of how deep the Russian's defended against us - and the second was a word class finish.

Fair play to Slovakia.

Complete $#@!wit. The asshole probably thinks he'll have his own God when he dies. Doesn't help, mind ya, when you have so many willing to kiss your arse after you've had a bout of the threepenny bits.

Ah but there was more to this than meets the eye.
Apparently CR needs confirmation of his amazing wealth and generally awesomeness throughout his life, he was described as a man who
for all his bluster actually lacks self confidence in life.

There is a video apparently when hes a teenager at Sporting and has just been paid a few hundred euros and he asks the other lads
how much money theyve been paid and tells them what hes got.

From the Beeb :

"In Lille - loads of police, loads of drunk singing England fans, chanting 'where were you in Marseille' at riot police."

:facepalm:

Ah but there was more to this than meets the eye.
Apparently CR needs confirmation of his amazing wealth and generally awesomeness throughout his life, he was described as a man who
for all his bluster actually self confidence in life.

There is a video apparently when hes a teenager at Sporting and has just been paid a few hundred euros and he asks the other lads
how much money theyve been paid and tells them what hes got.

Think it's easy to have a pop at Cristiano Ronaldo because of who he is. He was (understandably) pissed off that his team had put in a bang average performance last night - and I don't think anyone can say he should have been a little more sporting. But outside of football the guy gives a silly amount to various charities - including children's charities, he goes to a host of visits to various foundations and charities in person.

I saw a video recently where he was being interviewed by a young lad who was trying to speak to Ronaldo in Portuguese. The audience and press started laughing at him as he was struggling to read it - to which Ronaldo turned and around and gave them all a bollocking - stating he was "trying his best". Then he encouraged the lad to carry on.

As I say, you don't get to his level without being a bit of a cock occasionally - but I think the criticism of him is way OTT.

From the Beeb :

"In Lille - loads of police, loads of drunk singing England fans, chanting 'where were you in Marseille' at riot police."

:facepalm:

Some people just don't do themselves any favours do they? I realise it's "banter" but it's offensive and riot police with a bit of history won't find it funny.

England have to turn up tomorrow or they could be going home unbelievably. I am sure they will but it shows how much that late equaliser changed things

Think it's easy to have a pop at Cristiano Ronaldo because of who he is. He was (understandably) pissed off that his team had put in a bang average performance last night - and I don't think anyone can say he should have been a little more sporting. But outside of football the guy gives a silly amount to various charities - including children's charities, he goes to a host of visits to various foundations and charities in person.

I saw a video recently where he was being interviewed by a young lad who was trying to speak to Ronaldo in Portuguese. The audience and press started laughing at him as he was struggling to read it - to which Ronaldo turned and around and gave them all a bollocking - stating he was "trying his best". Then he encouraged the lad to carry on.

As I say, you don't get to his level without being a bit of a cock occasionally - but I think the criticism of him is way OTT.

Sorry public figure! You have to walk the walk and talk the talk. Its not the first time he has bleated after he or his team has failed to turn up. Can't remember Pele another great ever being unsporting or slagging off opponents and he does a lot of charity work. Mind you if I was on 100 million a year for kicking a bag of air around I would do wonders for charity too. He was a cock with what he said and how he acted and got appropriately pilloried.

Yet SAF says he is the most the Professional player he has managed and the nicest person off it.

He's has zero sportsmanship, that's not harsh. He even moans when his teammates score, giving to charity doesn't deflect from that, and likewise neither does being an arsehole on the pitch deflect from his undoubted quality, or being a supposedly nice guy off it.

I just think it's very easy to jump on the Ronaldo bashing bandwagon because he's arrogant and a millionaire. He doesn't have to give a penny of what he has earned through his own hard work to charity but chooses to. I'm not suggesting he doesn't occasionally act like a cock on the pitch, just choose to form my own opinion of the bloke as a person from some of his actions OFF the pitch too.

ANYWAY - Russia looking more likely to concede a third on the break rather than get back in to this game IMO.

Well worked goal by Russia, game on.

This woman Tannoy* announcer with the ultra squeaky voice is terrible, I think I'd rather have jason.forrest@wolves.co.uk .

*Of course I mean public address system, Tannoy is a brand name.

Excellent use of " in play Partridge"

"Russia will have to throw everything at Wales"

TBF they threw plenty at us.

Back